Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
"Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile" video: what do you think?
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks Sharon! Sep 11, 2015

Sharon Ingram wrote:

I would like to have more reference to what to write in a CV - e.g. how detailed is it to be? For example,should one refer to experience of jobs other than translating? Does one need to give tiny details of job locations which are not translating jobs? Does one have to list hobbies?

Check this article: http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Creating_an_effective_CV_/_resume

Hope it helps!

Lucia

chrisengel
chrisengel
South Africa
Local time: 09:47
Afrikaans to English
+ ...
Very useful video Sep 23, 2015

Jared Tabor wrote:

This thread is for feedback on the video Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile (a love story). What did you think of it? Post your thoughts here!

The scripting, voice-over, editing and production of this information video are remarkably well executed. It is informative both for the purposes of using ProZ and as a model for making videos like this in general. Thank you!

Patricia Hulmes (X)
Patricia Hulmes (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:47
French to English
Very comprehensive Nov 1, 2015

Thank you for your interesting presentation. It has given me plenty of ideas.

Kieran Flanagan
Kieran Flanagan
Ireland
Local time: 07:47
Japanese to English
+ ...
The video helped a lot. Nov 19, 2015

That was a well-spent quarter of an hour.! The video was informative, entertaining and to the point. Nice work!

Wietske Gradstein
Wietske Gradstein
Canada
Local time: 04:47
English to Dutch
Gentle, complete and professional Jun 7, 2016

Jared Tabor wrote:

This thread is for feedback on the video Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile (a love story). What did you think of it? Post your thoughts here!

As I said in the title, the video is gentle (good voice!), complete and professional. It inspired me to become a member. And to find what Kudo points are.

Thank you
Wietske, translator English to Dutch, loving technical manuals.

Marsha Conroy
Marsha Conroy
United States
Local time: 02:47
French to English
In memoriam
Love story comment Nov 23, 2016

Sorry, you lost me after about 6 seconds...

Tom in London

Roger Rayner
Roger Rayner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile - engaging and excellent Jan 10, 2017

I've been reviewing my profile prior to watching the video, and found the rather quaint "love story" fascinating. It was good to see oneself, as it were, as others see us, and how to improve that image. It instructed and encouraged me in 16 short minutes!

Amr Bayoumi
Amr Bayoumi  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
Well said Feb 10, 2017

The tips on the video are very organized, great build-up and a friendly language.
Respect to all who have contributed to it.

Enzel Morgado
Enzel Morgado
Brazil
Local time: 04:47
English to Portuguese
Excellent guide! Apr 16, 2017

Very helpful, creative, a nice voice. Good job! Sold your idea!
Just what I needed to help build my profile in a more effective way.

Romely Braña García
Romely Braña García
Mexico
Local time: 01:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great introduction May 10, 2017

All the information on the video is very organized and shows a different perspective on how to present yourself to others. The key is to be observant and keep an updated profile, I'll keep that in mind.

Harvey Utech
Harvey Utech  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:47
German to English
Leaves lots of unanswered questions May 30, 2017

I found the "love story" theme a bit silly and the graphics weak but the advice was certainly spot-on. For those of us who have done most of the items recommended, I would like to see a more advanced video that focuses in greater depth on such items as certifications: which are most effective? ATA? Certified Pro? How important are rates for the potential customer "walking down the street?
Are Kudoz points really appropriate as a ranking factor for translators in a very active language pai
... See more
I found the "love story" theme a bit silly and the graphics weak but the advice was certainly spot-on. For those of us who have done most of the items recommended, I would like to see a more advanced video that focuses in greater depth on such items as certifications: which are most effective? ATA? Certified Pro? How important are rates for the potential customer "walking down the street?
Are Kudoz points really appropriate as a ranking factor for translators in a very active language pair? (i work in DE>EN and with so much expertise around at ProZ, it is very difficult to have an impact.) Why not use WWA as a ranking factor?
Should one's profile be written in the source language, the target language? Or both?
Collapse

Andre Ribeiro
Andre Ribeiro
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
The importance of this video Jul 18, 2017

The most important lesson taken from this video is: investing some time to improve your profile tends to lead you to reach long-term goals. For me, that's true and I am going for it.

Irena Car
Irena Car
Ukraine
Funny and easy! Nov 6, 2017

This video gives us a real example about our potential mistakes

Deli S
Deli S
Germany
Local time: 08:47
German to Romanian
+ ...
I found it very useful and the comparison to the long street with many window shops very interesting Feb 2, 2018

I found it very useful and the comparison to the long street with many window shops very interesting

Pedro Montaño
Pedro Montaño  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 03:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
A great video Feb 28, 2018

This video is funny, useful and eyes opener. It helps me a lot. All the information is very organized, with real examples of what to do in every step.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Getting the most out of your ProZ.com profile" video: what do you think?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »