Thread poster: Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:35
Member (2004)
English to Italian
May 23, 2010

I don't know if anybody's noticed this, but the membership "just about to expire" reminders are very intrusive and shown everywhere, even when I click on a KudoZ question... I can't even click on the "Home" tab because it gets hidden by the big pop-up window reminding me to renew... can you do something about this?

It's putting me off so much it's having the exact opposite effect: it's making me not wanting to renew at all!

[Edited at 2010-05-23 12:43 GMT]

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:35
Russian to English
+ ...
ditto May 23, 2010

I'm going to renew, already, but not a month early. Just ease up a bit.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
The same here... May 23, 2010

The renewal of my membership is not dependent on any free offer or gift...

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:35
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
same here May 23, 2010

paola

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:35
Spanish to English
+ ...
Insulting May 23, 2010

I have been planning all along to renew my membership; now I feel that if I do, I will just be encouraging them to keep up or increase this reminder policy. Maybe I will let it lapse for a few weeks until they stop reminding me.
We are told that in certain Native American cultures, a crying baby could be a security risk in time of war. Normally, babies were carried everywhere with the mother on her back in a wooden carrier. Therefore,when a baby started to cry (hopefully after being
... See more
I have been planning all along to renew my membership; now I feel that if I do, I will just be encouraging them to keep up or increase this reminder policy. Maybe I will let it lapse for a few weeks until they stop reminding me.
We are told that in certain Native American cultures, a crying baby could be a security risk in time of war. Normally, babies were carried everywhere with the mother on her back in a wooden carrier. Therefore,when a baby started to cry (hopefully after being fed and cleaned), the carrier with the baby in it was suspended from a tree in a spot isolated from the group until the baby stopped crying. The minute the baby quieted down, it was brought back into the group.
If I renew now, I will just be rewarding the extra "noise" in my life as a proz member.

[Edited at 2010-05-23 15:47 GMT]
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 19:35
SITE STAFF
Will see about toning that down May 23, 2010

Hello all,

The box shown below your name on the site is actually part of the current membership campaign; if your membership is close to expiring, this box will show your remaining membership (a membership expiration reminder is usually shown on the site, with or without a campaign, as not everyone keeps track of each renewal date). For those who are not yet ProZ.com members the box contains a message to draw attention to the fact that a campaign is on. The box should not, however,
... See more
Hello all,

The box shown below your name on the site is actually part of the current membership campaign; if your membership is close to expiring, this box will show your remaining membership (a membership expiration reminder is usually shown on the site, with or without a campaign, as not everyone keeps track of each renewal date). For those who are not yet ProZ.com members the box contains a message to draw attention to the fact that a campaign is on. The box should not, however, interfere with your navigation of the site (there is a pop-out if your cursor rests on the box)-- I'll see about toning it down for renewal reminders.

Jared
Collapse

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
it's very easy... May 23, 2010

to put your cursor a bit higher than the Home tab, by mistake, and then the huge pop-up window appears... can you move the reminder above the Home tab a bit? Nobody's perfect and I'm obviously getting old... my mouse control is not like it used to be...

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
What I'd like... May 23, 2010

Is to receive a reminder via e-mail somewhere between a month and two weeks before my membership expires. Would that be possible?

Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Not particularly more obtrusive but... May 23, 2010

The thing that occurred to me is that not only is it somewhat obtrusive but it's started reminding me *several weeks* before my membership is actually due for renewal. Maybe if I was planning to fly over to the ProZ offices and pay in cash I'd need this much forward planning, but for paying by credit card one week is ample IMO.

Paola Dentifrigi
Paola Dentifrigi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:35
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
the countdown and the arrow with an exclamation mark May 24, 2010

It's getting annoying, yes.
Paola
PS by the way - I will not renew. If I stop being contacted through my profile (which is the only benefit I have at present), I'll renew. Othewise, I'll invest this money elsewhere.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
So, Jared... May 24, 2010

my membership expires in 4 days time... any luck before that?

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Mystery... May 24, 2010

how come the thread doesn't show amongst the most recent one? I have to click on the link in my e-mail messages (informing me of new posts) to find it!

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Email reminders are sent May 24, 2010

Amy Duncan wrote:

What I'd like...

Is to receive a reminder via e-mail somewhere between a month and two weeks before my membership expires. Would that be possible?

Hi Amy,

Reminders are currently sent when your membership is nearing its renewal date. If you feel you should have received one but did not, just let me know and I'll have a look.

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Adjusting May 24, 2010

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

my membership expires in 4 days time... any luck before that?

Hello Giovanni,

Colin is making some adjustments for you now.

Jared

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Membership reminder

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »