Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Why do I have to prove that I´m not a robot every time I want to enter the forum?
Thread poster: Danik 2014
Susana E. Cano Méndez
Susana E. Cano Méndez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:03
French to Spanish
+ ...
No captcha Dec 29, 2017

I haven't been prompted to verify I'm not a robot this morning! Hooray!

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No problems today Dec 29, 2017

Susana E. Cano Méndez wrote:

I haven't been prompted to verify I'm not a robot this morning! Hooray!

Yesterday I had to pass verification again. I opened a support ticket and got the
answer that they were still making adjustments.
Today, no verifications as yet.

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Captcha verification is back! Jan 2, 2018

I´m very sorry to say that the captcha verification is back, today. It´s most disagreable feature is it´s insistence. Not one or two pages as is the usual but again and again.

I don´t know the reason for it and I don´t know why some members have to pass this harrassing situation and others not!

I`m opening my ticket again. I´m member of the Proz forum since 2014 and I should like to remain a member.

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:03
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
It's back! Jan 2, 2018

I had to prove that I am not a robot again today. It's getting ridiculous. Please fix this.

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I was told to enable cookies Jan 2, 2018

I think the problem is that one has to enable cookies.
This is the answer I gave just now to Karen from the support staff:
"Dear Karen, I don´t enable cookies for privacy reasons. Until now this worked fine with Proz as it still does with other foruns. And I repeat: if this was a rapid check as the other captchas I did until now, I wouldn´t mind, but this long captcha seems designed to harras people. Please take it away again!"

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:03
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Not resolved Jan 3, 2018

It looks like this is not going to get resolved. I am so annoyed right now that I am considering canceling my membership. I do have cookies enabled. Today I had to select vehicles and then street signs to log on.

Tradupro17
Tradupro17
United States
Local time: 07:03
English to Haitian-Creole
+ ...
Happening to me too Jan 3, 2018

Hi all,
It started for me today and I must say it is pretty annoying. The last thing I need right now is wasting my time checking images in order to login to Proz. Happy New Year to us all.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I have to prove that I´m not a robot every time I want to enter the forum?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »