Thread poster: Nadine Maggard
NASS BES (X)
NASS BES (X)
France
Local time: 16:22
English to French
+ ...
Moi aussi Aug 26, 2019

Jean Poulmarc'h , j'ai été moi aussi contactée il y a une quinzaine de jours par cette même personne Roaselind Baines. Comment vous avez pu vous en sortir? J'ai peur qu'elle réussisse son coup avec les infos qu'elle a de mon compte bancaire . Merci d'avance!

Vanina LLOYD-COLOMB
Vanina LLOYD-COLOMB
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:22
English to French
+ ...
Same for me, I have given my bank details Sep 2, 2019

On August 20th I was contacted through Proz by someone (not a Proz user according to the email) impersonating real sworn translator Gülnihal Zora Teke to translate a 15000 words untitled research project on agriculture reforms in EU. Contact offered 50% of payment to get me started and 50% on delivery. A quick (probably too quick) check on the internet comforted me on the reality of my contact and I gave my bank details, Bank address, IBAN and BIC + my mobile phone number) as requested. I sta... See more
On August 20th I was contacted through Proz by someone (not a Proz user according to the email) impersonating real sworn translator Gülnihal Zora Teke to translate a 15000 words untitled research project on agriculture reforms in EU. Contact offered 50% of payment to get me started and 50% on delivery. A quick (probably too quick) check on the internet comforted me on the reality of my contact and I gave my bank details, Bank address, IBAN and BIC + my mobile phone number) as requested. I started the job on the understanding the advanced payment would be in anytime. Nothing happened for a week, and I also sent queries on the document - it appeared jumbled up and incoherent in places - which remained unanswered.

I am a bit worried about what could happen with my bank details. I have raised the question with my bank, they seems to say that all is safe, they offered to issue a new debit card just to be on the safe side (although I never gave my card details)

Looking back, the name used by this scammer certainly made me lower my guard and as a result I didn't push my checks far enough. Lesson learnt!
Collapse

Emilie Péladé
Emilie Péladé
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Gülnihal ZORA TEKE scam Sep 6, 2019

Vanina LLOYD-COLOMB wrote:

On August 20th I was contacted through Proz by someone (not a Proz user according to the email) impersonating real sworn translator Gülnihal Zora Teke to translate a 15000 words untitled research project on agriculture reforms in EU. Contact offered 50% of payment to get me started and 50% on delivery. A quick (probably too quick) check on the internet comforted me on the reality of my contact and I gave my bank details, Bank address, IBAN and BIC + my mobile phone number) as requested. I started the job on the understanding the advanced payment would be in anytime. Nothing happened for a week, and I also sent queries on the document - it appeared jumbled up and incoherent in places - which remained unanswered.

I am a bit worried about what could happen with my bank details. I have raised the question with my bank, they seems to say that all is safe, they offered to issue a new debit card just to be on the safe side (although I never gave my card details)

Looking back, the name used by this scammer certainly made me lower my guard and as a result I didn't push my checks far enough. Lesson learnt!

I received the exact same request and I have been working on the document for a while now. I did check who it was before sending my bank details, as well as checking with my bank if they could do anything with it. But they said it was safe, all they could do with my BIC and IBAN was put money in. This person has stopped replying to my emails now... I have wasted so much time on this! Be careful people!

Krista Roest

Cécile Frangi
Cécile Frangi
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Same scam! Sep 8, 2019

Hello,
The exact same scam mentioned by Emilie and Vanina also happened to me.
I was wondering if any of you has contacted the real Gülnihal to let them know that someone is using their identity?
Also, is there anywhere on ProZ (other than this thread) where we can raise these issues?
I simply don't understand this scammer's motivations, as I don't believe they can do anything with my bank details other than putting money in (which would be nice since I have done the jo
... See more
Hello,
The exact same scam mentioned by Emilie and Vanina also happened to me.
I was wondering if any of you has contacted the real Gülnihal to let them know that someone is using their identity?
Also, is there anywhere on ProZ (other than this thread) where we can raise these issues?
I simply don't understand this scammer's motivations, as I don't believe they can do anything with my bank details other than putting money in (which would be nice since I have done the job), as others pointed out. I am not sure what to do next, I have wasted many hours on this translation so it is quite upsetting. I've never had this problem before. Any advice welcome! Thank you.
Collapse

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
Again...?? Sep 9, 2019

Cécile Frangi wrote:

I simply don't understand this scammer's motivations, as I don't believe they can do anything with my bank details other than putting money in (which would be nice since I have done the job), as others pointed out. I am not sure what to do next, I have wasted many hours on this translation so it is quite upsetting. I've never had this problem before. Any advice welcome! Thank you.

My advice is you read this thread or virtually ANY thread in this forum since most of them deal with this type of scam.

Lj Popovic
Lj Popovic
Canada
Local time: 11:22
English to Serbian
+ ...
Same type of scam, from [email protected] Sep 10, 2019

So I received an email about translating 'a document' first. After i asked what the document is and what the deadline would be, they sent me the 39-page document 'Research project on agricultural reforms in EU'. I agreed to do it and gave a quote, they quickly agreed to everything and asked for my bank info:

'If this works for you then kindly get back to me with the details below so that payment can be facilitated asap.

Bank name
Bank address
Beneficiary nam
... See more
So I received an email about translating 'a document' first. After i asked what the document is and what the deadline would be, they sent me the 39-page document 'Research project on agricultural reforms in EU'. I agreed to do it and gave a quote, they quickly agreed to everything and asked for my bank info:

'If this works for you then kindly get back to me with the details below so that payment can be facilitated asap.

Bank name
Bank address
Beneficiary name
Account number
Routing number
Cell number'

So I guess they have tons of fake addresses they send these emails from. The IP address was from Sydney, Australia.

I'm so happy I searched here first. I had a feeling something was off, since they agreed so quickly and asked for no credentials from me, also didn't give me any info on their 'agency'.

Stay safe, everybody!
Collapse

Isar Aeinedar
Stephanie Kantorski

Laura Costa
Laura Costa
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Happened to me as well. Sep 10, 2019

Not only did I complete the whole translation and give my bank details, but I spend my last two weeks in New Zealand working on it and cancelled some of my plans.
Please kill me now.

What could I do about the bank details things ?

Thank you very much and sorry for all of you who wasted time on it as well.

Laura

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Member (2005)
French to English
Submit a support request Sep 11, 2019

Cécile Frangi wrote:

... is there anywhere on ProZ (other than this thread) where we can raise these issues?

If the scammer went via ProZ or referred to ProZ, then I think this is the standard procedure. I understand there is a section of Proz that deals with scams, and this should be investigated. I wish you luck and clairvoyance in eluding the scammers.

Yolanda Broad

Julie Bergeron
Julie Bergeron
Canada
Local time: 08:22
English to French
+ ...
SCAM - [email protected] - SCAM Sep 13, 2019

I fell for this scam too and sent my banking information to them and of course spent hours on the agricultural document.

I was just reassured by the name because Sara Ouaguenouni is easy to find on the net and she’s a reputable translator.
But I noticed that one lettre was missing in the name from the email and I though who would misspell their name in an email address and keep it like that?...
Ouaguenoni/Ouaguenouni

Like all of you I am worried about m
... See more
I fell for this scam too and sent my banking information to them and of course spent hours on the agricultural document.

I was just reassured by the name because Sara Ouaguenouni is easy to find on the net and she’s a reputable translator.
But I noticed that one lettre was missing in the name from the email and I though who would misspell their name in an email address and keep it like that?...
Ouaguenoni/Ouaguenouni

Like all of you I am worried about my banking info. Obviously if they keep scamming people that way, it must be for a reason. I’ve been hacked before and had to close all my bank accounts and open new ones.

Some of you were hacked months ago, did anything happened to your bank account since then?

Thank you kindly,

Julie
Collapse

sole-mauri (X)
sole-mauri (X)
Canada
Local time: 12:22
English to Catalan
+ ...
SCAM sara ouaguenoni [email protected] Sep 26, 2019

Hi!

I received the same scam, from an IP in Perth, Australia.

Same document, 'Research project on agricultural reforms in EU'.

This time, the translation requested was to Catalan.

Has it been targeting translators in Canada?

Stay safe!

Francina

Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Rosenov Zlatilov - new name - same tricks? Sep 30, 2019

15 K words on EU agricultural reforms?
Rosenov Zlatilov via ProZ.com

za 28 sep. 09:19 (2 dagen geleden)

A ProZ.com user visited your ProZ.com profile and sent the following message.

Author: Rosenov Zlatilov
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 185.169.255.62
Message type: Job-related

Jessica de Fauwe
BovyVertalingen

Jessica de Fauwe
Jessica de Fauwe
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Rosenov Zlatilov - new name - same tricks? Oct 1, 2019

I have also received an email from Rosenov Zlatilov and a document on agriculture, asking for a Dutch translation.

I was about to confirm just now, but I'm happy I checked it first here..

Can't believe that this happens!

WorkyWords
WorkyWords  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Rosenov Zlatilov Oct 2, 2019

Hi!
I have the same. Not to be trusted.
With the bank details they can create new identities for illegal activities.

First email was:
---
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 82.102.19.212
Hello,
How are you doing today? I would like to know your availability to translate a document from English
... See more
Hi!
I have the same. Not to be trusted.
With the bank details they can create new identities for illegal activities.

First email was:
---
Author's IP address: 82.102.19.212
Hello,
How are you doing today? I would like to know your availability to translate a document from English to Dutch.
Kindly get back to me with your availability and lets see what we can work out.
---
Then the email with questions:
---
If this works for you then kindly get back to me with the details below so that payment can be facilitated asap

Bank name
Bank address
Account name
Account number
Iban
Bic
Cell number
---
Then I asked for identification (because it was not clear for which company he is working.
---
I am just an individual outsourcer and do not work for any company. My name is Rosenov Zlatilov. Hope that works for you. Address :
17 Rue massias 94400 Vitry Sur seine, Paris France
---

It is a scammer! Be careful.
Collapse

Krista Roest

Krista Roest
Krista Roest  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2015)
French to Dutch
+ ...
Me too Rosenov Zlatilov Oct 2, 2019

Yep, me too! Same research report on agriculture, promissed 50% in advance. Oh God, don't I feel stupid. It felt too good to be true, but still I gave him my banking data, only realizing afterwards that I didn't know anything about him.

Frank Dobbs

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bank Information Scammers

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »