Thread poster: Toshiro Yamaguchi
Toshiro Yamaguchi
Toshiro Yamaguchi
Local time: 09:16
English to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 10, 2020

Hi community.

just be careful folks, there's been an increasing number of scam job offers flooding the online translation industry. I have been victimized, and continue to be attempted for this kind of scam that forces you into a free labor.

if you receive emails from whoever claims to be an agency, look up that agency's website independently and verify their legitimacy. Be careful with email addresses they use. For example, let's say there's an agency called ABC Transl
... See more
Hi community.

just be careful folks, there's been an increasing number of scam job offers flooding the online translation industry. I have been victimized, and continue to be attempted for this kind of scam that forces you into a free labor.

if you receive emails from whoever claims to be an agency, look up that agency's website independently and verify their legitimacy. Be careful with email addresses they use. For example, let's say there's an agency called ABC Translations, and their website lists their contacts like [email protected], or [email protected], and such... but you may be getting emails from [email protected] (note singular translation vs plural translations) or [email protected] (genetic gmail, or yahoo, or other account. anybody can create that) assume 99% of these cases are scam. you accept job from these contacts, they send you files, you work on it and deliver the job, and you won't hear from them after 30 or 60 whatever days they said they'd pay you.

just watch out. stay cautious, stay safe, stay home and wash hands.
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
DIANNE BEREST

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alert! Scams I see lately: Scammers pretending to represent real agencies

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »