Vicky wu  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 05:48
Member (2020)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
May 27, 2020

Hi,

Does anybody has ever worked with this company? I received their project via ProZ notification but there is no LWA on Blue Board, also they are using Gmail account which is [email protected] for contact method. The project is a huge one, so I think it's better for me to confirm beforehand. Thank you.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:48
German to English
Potential fraud May 28, 2020

A quick Google check indicates a company called "Global Translation Equipment", which apparently supplies equipment for interpreters. However they do not provide en e-mail address on the web page which is a subset of a marketing company. No serious contact details such as telephone number are provided. Exercise caution!

Jorge Payan
Vicky wu
Adam Warren

Vicky wu
Indonesia
Member (2020)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 28, 2020

Thank you, Kevin. I find it suspicious too, without signing NDA, PO, they just directly ask me to do the translation. Guess I did the right thing to ask here first.

Adam Warren
Adam Warren  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:48
Member (2005)
French to English
Their English is rickety in a number of instances May 28, 2020

So their claim to apply a "rigid" [sic] quality policy rings somewhat hollow. I would steer clear of them, Vicky. And I hope sounder opportunities come your way soon. Keep well, and in good heart.

Vicky wu
Indonesia
Member (2020)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks IanDhu May 28, 2020

Thank you for the insight, IanDhu. They did not reply to my email anymore since I confront them. I always believed there will be another opportunity for me. May God richly bless us all. Stay safe.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GTE, Global Translation Equipment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »