Thread poster: Mert Dirice
Mert Dirice
Mert Dirice
Türkiye
Local time: 13:34
English to Turkish
+ ...
Oct 28, 2020

Protranslate (.net) has a 'Media News' section on their website where they put fake articles by well-known sources like Reuters and MarketWatch:

Screenshot 2020-10-28 165028
Screenshot 2020-10-28 165349

https://www.protranslate.net/en/media-news/

They also used to falsely claim that they've been featured on Forbes, Entrepreneur and Fortune, but I guess they deleted those after I contacted these magazines.

I'm not sure whether they're a scam but I wanted to give everyone a heads up since this is all so fishy.

They're on Proz by the way:
https://www.proz.com/blueboard/4211

Michail Strijov
Michail Strijov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:34
English to German
+ ...
Thank you for clarifying! Nov 6, 2020

Thank you for the info!

I stumbled upon their website and was really confused as to why Reuters would report the launch of Protranslate's services, and on top of that use this kind of wording: "Highly acclaimed online translation platform Protranslate is pleased to launch new document translation services…"

Mert Dirice

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation company displaying fake articles by Reuters and other major outlets

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »