Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Error: "SelectedTab Cannot be Set Before the Pane Has Been Added to a Panes Collection
Thread poster: Scott Saylor
CATHERINE GROSY
CATHERINE GROSY  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:47
English to French
Thank you so much! Apr 11, 2019

I had to work all night to keep a deadline and left my PC switched off to sleep for a couple of hours before I did my checking and the PC seemed to have "shut" Trados, maybe because it was about to update, if it's any help to anybody. Anyway, when I went to open Trados Studio, I got that error and could not access the Editor. Luckily I have another version on a smaller and slower PC!

Thanks so much for sharing your solution, though your problem was in 2011, it works perfectly for Tr
... See more
I had to work all night to keep a deadline and left my PC switched off to sleep for a couple of hours before I did my checking and the PC seemed to have "shut" Trados, maybe because it was about to update, if it's any help to anybody. Anyway, when I went to open Trados Studio, I got that error and could not access the Editor. Luckily I have another version on a smaller and slower PC!

Thanks so much for sharing your solution, though your problem was in 2011, it works perfectly for Trados Studio 2019! (Couldn't SDL have fixed that bug by now?!) I was going to uninstall the whole software, if I hadn't found your answer. BTW, the SDL community has no answer for that problem!
Collapse

MAISEL ROCHA
MAISEL ROCHA
Brazil
Local time: 17:47
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you! Apr 24, 2020

Hi Scott.

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing the acquired knowledge on how to fix the problem. It really worked! May God bless you!

Samande Manuel
Samande Manuel
Spain
French to English
+ ...
Thank you! May 18, 2021

Thank you for this post! 10 years later still saving people!

Yaotl Altan
Arianne Farah

Evelyn Montes
Evelyn Montes  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! And 1 extra tip Jul 7, 2022

Incredible that this is still a cryptic issue in 2022.

Extra tip: I couldn't open the files at all for translation from the "Files" tab and doing the "View" > "Reset iWindow Layout" from there didn't work. I then tried to do that from the Editor tab and that did the trick. Maybe this was obvious for some people, but it took me a couple of tries to understand that it was necessary to do that from the "Editor" tab (not from the "Files" tab where the whole list of my impossible-to-open
... See more
Incredible that this is still a cryptic issue in 2022.

Extra tip: I couldn't open the files at all for translation from the "Files" tab and doing the "View" > "Reset iWindow Layout" from there didn't work. I then tried to do that from the Editor tab and that did the trick. Maybe this was obvious for some people, but it took me a couple of tries to understand that it was necessary to do that from the "Editor" tab (not from the "Files" tab where the whole list of my impossible-to-open files were). So I'm putting this here in case it helps in cases like mine.

Thanks again for this thread!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: "SelectedTab Cannot be Set Before the Pane Has Been Added to a Panes Collection

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »