Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Studio 2011: Name cannot begin with the '"' character, hexadecimal value 0x22. Row 1, position 144
Thread poster: Holger Remke
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:51
English to Polish
+ ...
Still happens in Studio 2015 Jul 1, 2016

And it is not a problem with the sdlxliff file. I opened the sdlxliff file in UltraEdit and parsed it - everything well formed. It is the target file writing problem.

FarkasAndras wrote:

The standard solution to these issues is to massage the source document and try again. Open the source docx in Word, save it as rtf, then import the rtf to Trados and see if it exports correctly.

BTW the error refers to line 1, position 144, i.e. the 144th letter (character) in the first line of the sdlxliff, which is a double quote character that shouldn't be there according to Trados. You can have a look and try to fix it but diddling the source document has a better chance of working.

sindy cremer
sindy cremer
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Studio 2019 - same issue Apr 11, 2021

Hila's solution worked like a dream -deleting the comments did the trick.
FYI: my original document was a PDF.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Name cannot begin with the '"' character, hexadecimal value 0x22. Row 1, position 144

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »