Stefanie Neubert
Stefanie Neubert  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:30
English to German
+ ...
Nov 14, 2018

Dear Colleagues!

I am addmittedly at my wits end. A cosutmer asked me to implement changes in the translation of an online-workshop for a large company - no problems I said and did not know that Trados would give me a real headache.

The project package that I received from the client is quiet complex, there are lot of subfolders and even more files contained. When importing the package with the assistent, everything seems to be fine. Subfolders are shown on the left pa
... See more
Dear Colleagues!

I am addmittedly at my wits end. A cosutmer asked me to implement changes in the translation of an online-workshop for a large company - no problems I said and did not know that Trados would give me a real headache.

The project package that I received from the client is quiet complex, there are lot of subfolders and even more files contained. When importing the package with the assistent, everything seems to be fine. Subfolders are shown on the left pane, all files are displayed in the right pane. I clicke "Include Subfolders" and mark the folder in the left pane. The project seems to get imported correctly, I close the assistant and I try to change from project view to file view and then - nothing. Not a single file is shown and all my trials to redo the import process (after squeamishly deleting any traces of the project) or "work around the problem" (adding files/folders manually) are fruitless. I even reinstalled the complete Trados Studio and updated it to the latest version again but the problem persists.
Does anybody have the slightest idea what could be wrong? Thanks for your input!

Oh, I forgot to mention: smaller packages, wit maybe one or two translatable files and non or only one subfolder are not a problem. And my pc is running Windows 10, if that somehow helps.
Collapse

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
reboot? Nov 14, 2018

possibly obvious, but while you were trying everything, did you restart the computer? Last time I had a file that wouldn't import, restarting windows resolved the problem.

Stefanie Neubert
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately not. Nov 14, 2018

I would have loved if it had worked but nope, still no files visible. Thanks for the idea though.

Stefanie Neubert
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Nov 14, 2018

Thank you everybody, my problem is solved.

Turns out that I had totally ignored the left side-pane "Files" in the file view since it was hidden and therefore did not mark "My Tasks" - a bit embarassing considering that I really struggled with this. To my defense, I had not found any explantion for the usage of said side-panel, if somebody has a valuable link to one, it might help somebody else!

I was "saved" by a fellow translator in the German speaking forum. Thanks a
... See more
Thank you everybody, my problem is solved.

Turns out that I had totally ignored the left side-pane "Files" in the file view since it was hidden and therefore did not mark "My Tasks" - a bit embarassing considering that I really struggled with this. To my defense, I had not found any explantion for the usage of said side-panel, if somebody has a valuable link to one, it might help somebody else!

I was "saved" by a fellow translator in the German speaking forum. Thanks again.
Thanks for reading and giving it a thought anyway! A nice day to everybody!!!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Trados 2017 - problems importing large/complex project packages

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »