Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:25
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 10, 2019

Dear all
Today, to my surprise, I discovered that all my translation projects stored at the Projects were lost! Gone!

My projects are stored by default at C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents\Studio 2019\Projects, whichi is now empty (expect for the files I was working on).

I had noticed yesterday that the project list wasn't shown in the Project's view, but I thought that the link was somehow deleted. Nevertheless, I´ve checked my Project folder, which is (almost)
... See more
Dear all
Today, to my surprise, I discovered that all my translation projects stored at the Projects were lost! Gone!

My projects are stored by default at C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents\Studio 2019\Projects, whichi is now empty (expect for the files I was working on).

I had noticed yesterday that the project list wasn't shown in the Project's view, but I thought that the link was somehow deleted. Nevertheless, I´ve checked my Project folder, which is (almost) empty! The only project it remains is the one I was working on. I did a search using *.sdlproj without results. I also browsed them at the trash folder, still, nothing there!
The only change was an Office automatic upgrade a couple of days ago.
My translation memories are still there, as well as my termbases. But projects, and bilingual files inside, have disapeared from my laptop.

Any clue? Has someone experienced a similar issue? Could it had been an Office update-related issue? I do not think I could have accidentally deleted about 200 project files. I don't know how to retrieve them, nor where to find them

Regards

Clarisa
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:25
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Sorry to hear that Oct 10, 2019

I always store my projects together with the source files in the folders for my customers.
But the TMs are more important. I never go back to any old project, after I have delivered my work.
Have you looked in the Trash already?

Roy Oestensen

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:25
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
This is my procedure too Oct 10, 2019

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
I always store my projects together with the source files in the folders for my customers.
But the TMs are more important. I never go back to any old project, after I have delivered my work.
Have you looked in the Trash already?

I also have my projects in the same folder as the source files and other material, which gives me better control with the project than having Studio saving the projects in some standard location I don't have full control of.

But it is strange all the projects have suddenly gone. I also would check Trash first. One other thing would be to search for one old project in the File Explorer to see if you can find it back.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2919 Projects lost

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »