Is there any option to exclude locked segments from the current progress indicator?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 11:47
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sep 21, 2020

Is there any option to exclude locked segments from the current progress indicator in SDL Trados Studio 2019?

It's really hard to gauge accurate status when there are many files and it differs widely between the files as to the distribution of matches and number of locked segments.

Bethany Bernardo

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 11:47
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right-click header Status in file overview and add Locked Sep 21, 2020

Right-click header Status in file overview and add Locked:

I did this in the file overview, and then a new column was displayed in the file overview furthest to the right, called Locked. Then I run a new analyze of all the files, hoping that I would get a percentage for each file for the locked segments. That way, I would be able to just deduct the locked percentage figure from the total current status percentage figure to get my actual current status percentage figure. But when ope
... See more
Right-click header Status in file overview and add Locked:

I did this in the file overview, and then a new column was displayed in the file overview furthest to the right, called Locked. Then I run a new analyze of all the files, hoping that I would get a percentage for each file for the locked segments. That way, I would be able to just deduct the locked percentage figure from the total current status percentage figure to get my actual current status percentage figure. But when opening the new analyse file, this new column Locked was not displayed.

In the file overview in the column Locked furthest to the right, it only displays 0 now for each of the files.

[Edited at 2020-09-21 13:54 GMT]
Collapse

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:47
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
change status Sep 23, 2020

You could unlock the segments and change their status to an unused status such as "Translation Rejected", then change them back and re-lock them at the end. If the locked segments have different statuses you could change them to multiple unused statuses.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any option to exclude locked segments from the current progress indicator?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »