Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Anu Mukharji-Gorski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:42
German to English
+ ...
Mar 8, 2021

Hallo,

I've just completed my translation and wanted to send it back in Word as requested by the client. Unfortunately my Word target document (F12) is not opening.

Message: Die Datei kann nicht geöffnet werden, da ihr Inhalt Probleme verursacht.

It was possible to open it just an hour ago.

I remember it's possible to retrieve a translation from the TM. Not sure anymore how it goes. Would anyone have a link with some instructions?
... See more
Hallo,

I've just completed my translation and wanted to send it back in Word as requested by the client. Unfortunately my Word target document (F12) is not opening.

Message: Die Datei kann nicht geöffnet werden, da ihr Inhalt Probleme verursacht.

It was possible to open it just an hour ago.

I remember it's possible to retrieve a translation from the TM. Not sure anymore how it goes. Would anyone have a link with some instructions?

Thanks ever so much

Anu
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:42
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Recreate project Mar 8, 2021

Hello,
You could recreate/reopen the original project, after making a copy of the translated file(s) and the TM on a safe location.
After re-creation of the project, copy the TM to the TM folder of the new project, select the relevant file, rightclick and choose Batch tasks --> Pre-translate.
I hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target document not opening

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »