Advantages of using Perfect It
Thread poster: Tina Vonhof (X)
Jane Proctor (X)
Jane Proctor (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:37
French to English
Works in track changes too Jun 25, 2013

Thanks to the original poster for sharing this.
I decided to give it a go and downloaded the demo yesterday.
It's very quick and simple to use and works in track changes.

Definitely a time-saver!

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:37
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Invaluable Jun 25, 2013

I would not like to do without this neat little application.

It really does dig up remarkable things from documents in terms of comments/suggestions about what can be the most subtle – but important – inconsistencies/errors.

Apart from that, you can use it in conjunction with various style guides, including EN-US/EN-GB. Of these I have some 10, varying from the noted Economist Style Guide to that of the World Health Organization.

gkshenaut
gkshenaut
Local time: 16:37
Windoze only Jun 25, 2013

After reading about its various features, I was ready to download a trial version when I noticed a thread in their user forum about how to run Perfect It in Windows under Parallels on Macs. Yes, it's Windows only.

Sorry, I don't need the annoyance.

I may use the free online checker, although it is more limited. In a test on the submitted version of an already-published journal article, it found one “fro” instead of “for” and an “asses”(!) instead of “assess”.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advantages of using Perfect It

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »