Thread poster: Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha
Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha
Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:42
English to Indonesian
Dec 14, 2012

Dear all,

Could you please recommend me some iOS apps that can increase productivity? Doesn't have to be translation related. Thanks!

Egil Fredheim
Egil Fredheim  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:42
English to Norwegian
+ ...
gmail and skype Dec 14, 2012

Relatively new to the iphone, but for me the most useful iphone app is the gmail one (with only important messages going straight to the inbox, sounds a pling and the first couple of lines are displayed). This way I am less distracted by the mail program on the computer when working. Have just downloaded the skype app, which should be useful for keeping in touch with people in far flung places.
Egil

Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha
Aditya Ikhsan Prasiddha  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:42
English to Indonesian
TOPIC STARTER
notification sound Dec 14, 2012

I would use the Gmail app but too bad we can't customize the notification tone.

Grey Drane (X)
Grey Drane (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:42
Italian to English
Looking for a CAT tool that works on iOS #xl8 Apr 11, 2013

Yeah, Gmail and Skype are good suggestions. I use Mailbox for email now and like it quite a lot. Skype is annoying, but if you restrict it to an iOS device it's not too bad.

I use my iPad for dictionary lookups using an online dictionary. And I use Google Drive and Dropbox for file management and delivery, which means that I can deliver jobs back to the client using my iPad or iPhone.

I'm still looking for a CAT tool that works on the iPad, though. I'll see if MemSource
... See more
Yeah, Gmail and Skype are good suggestions. I use Mailbox for email now and like it quite a lot. Skype is annoying, but if you restrict it to an iOS device it's not too bad.

I use my iPad for dictionary lookups using an online dictionary. And I use Google Drive and Dropbox for file management and delivery, which means that I can deliver jobs back to the client using my iPad or iPhone.

I'm still looking for a CAT tool that works on the iPad, though. I'll see if MemSource works in the next few days, but Google Translator's Toolkit and Wordfast Anywhere don't seem to work on iOS. And there aren't any iOS-native CAT tools that I know of.

Cheers,
Grey
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

iOS apps that are useful for translators

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »