Thread poster: schmek
schmek
schmek
Local time: 00:30
German to English
+ ...
Dec 17, 2012

Hello All,

I am looking for a dictionary software which can run under Windows 7. Like you work in Word, Excel oder PDF and mark a word. Then with double click oder right click or copy to clipboard the dictionary opens and suggests you different translations.

Thanks for the help.

finnword1
finnword1
United States
Local time: 17:30
English to Finnish
+ ...
what about Wordfinder? Dec 18, 2012

http://www.wordfinder.com/
They have Collins German-English-German dictionary running on their program. You highlight the word by double-clicking it in your document and in my keyboard configuration I press Alt+z and the window opens with suggestions. If I like the first one (the most common one), I hit ENTER and it copies into my translation.

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:30
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
ABBYY Lingvo Dec 18, 2012

ABBYY Lingvo runs on Windows 7. You highlight a word and click Ctrl + C C to get a dictionary suggestion.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
GoldenDict Dec 18, 2012

GoldenDict is an excellent dictionary shell, understands several dictionary formats plus can use Wikipedia, Wiktionary and other sites as reference.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 23:30
English to German
Multifultor: Not a dictionary but an universal dictionary software. FREE. Dec 18, 2012

Multifultor: Not a dictionary but an universal dictionary software. FREE.

Set the cursor onto a word, then hit a hotkey --> Multifultor marks that word, displays the windows of one or more online & offline dictionaries (including those mentioned in this thread) and looks up the word in all these dictionaries simultaneously.

(Optionally:) Later on just hit another hotkey --> Multifultor minimizes all the dictionary windows, so that your document window (e. g. Word)
... See more
Multifultor: Not a dictionary but an universal dictionary software. FREE.

Set the cursor onto a word, then hit a hotkey --> Multifultor marks that word, displays the windows of one or more online & offline dictionaries (including those mentioned in this thread) and looks up the word in all these dictionaries simultaneously.

(Optionally:) Later on just hit another hotkey --> Multifultor minimizes all the dictionary windows, so that your document window (e. g. Word) becomes visible again.

Additionally there are some alternative lookup possibilities & goodies, and all things are fully configurable.

http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/234671-news_about_multifultor.html#2030375
Collapse

Yuri Dubrov
Yuri Dubrov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Babylon Dec 18, 2012

http://www.babylon.com/dictionary

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dictionary Software for Windows 7

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »