Thread poster: claude-andrew
claude-andrew
claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:55
English to French
+ ...
Feb 8, 2013

Following detailed instructions from an agency I have created an xml file type for a project, in Trados 2011. I previously had Trados studio 2009, working on the same project (on a different PC) with exactly the same newly created xml file type.
When I try to save the target I get:
"Echec de l'enregistrement du contenu cible : Impossible de trouver la définition de type de fichier d'ID Copy of XML v 1.1.0.0"

Under the message tab is:

Ce fichier a été cré
... See more
Following detailed instructions from an agency I have created an xml file type for a project, in Trados 2011. I previously had Trados studio 2009, working on the same project (on a different PC) with exactly the same newly created xml file type.
When I try to save the target I get:
"Echec de l'enregistrement du contenu cible : Impossible de trouver la définition de type de fichier d'ID Copy of XML v 1.1.0.0"

Under the message tab is:

Ce fichier a été créé à l'aide d'une définition de type de ficher qui n'esiste pas sur votre système (Copy of XML v 1.1.0). Les fonctionnalités suivantes seront restreintes ou non-disponibles :
Enregistrement
Vérification
Quick Tags
Aperçu

Can you help (I'm not very technical)?
Collapse

claude-andrew
claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:55
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Studio 2011 problem solved Feb 10, 2013

The problem is solved. I simply deleted the file type and re-created it. Now it works. No idea what went wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 xml file failure to save target

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »