Francesco Torello
Francesco Torello  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:12
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 18, 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm actually looking for a software to convert a website text into .doc/.docx/.txt format. I've been looking for a while, but all I can find are "website hoovers" (I don't need them, I don't want to save an entire website on my pc) or HTML extractors (or similar devices).
I need the software in order to count words and tell a client the correct price for a translation.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Mark
Mark
Italian to English
Trados Apr 18, 2013

Are you going to use Trados? If so, just opening the .html in TagEditor and doing an analysis should work shouldn't it?

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:12
Russian to English
+ ...
Easyling Apr 18, 2013

Have you tried Easyling? www.easyling.com It may be what you are looking for.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Options Apr 18, 2013

If you have a CAT, you can just import the HTML files (I assume that it's HTML we're talking about here) and get a word count from the CAT itself.
Otherwise, there is nothing to stop you from copying and pasting the contents of each page into MS Word. In fact, you can also open HTML files with Word directly.
There is an HTML -> txt converter in my grab bag, but given th
... See more
If you have a CAT, you can just import the HTML files (I assume that it's HTML we're talking about here) and get a word count from the CAT itself.
Otherwise, there is nothing to stop you from copying and pasting the contents of each page into MS Word. In fact, you can also open HTML files with Word directly.
There is an HTML -> txt converter in my grab bag, but given the large number of convenient options, I don't think you should bother with it.
If you would like to do a word count on a collection of HTML files in one go, your best bet is a CAT.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice: software to convert website texts into .doc/.txt

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »