Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:32
French to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2013

Hello,

I'm still struggling to obtain a report on the information I want from TO3000. I listened to the webinar recently, which seemed to suggest it was all straightforward, but my version of TO3000 doesn't look the same as the one shown in the webinar and the report options seem much more limited. I have Version 9 and it doesn't seem to offer me the opportunity to update it any more, although I know it has done in the past.

What I would like to do is to work out how ma
... See more
Hello,

I'm still struggling to obtain a report on the information I want from TO3000. I listened to the webinar recently, which seemed to suggest it was all straightforward, but my version of TO3000 doesn't look the same as the one shown in the webinar and the report options seem much more limited. I have Version 9 and it doesn't seem to offer me the opportunity to update it any more, although I know it has done in the past.

What I would like to do is to work out how many words I have done for each client for a defined period, i.e. the last tax year. I was able to customise the One Client- Total Sales report by individually specifying a client and then changing the dates each time, but that just gave me the total sales, not the word count. Also, is it possible to create a report that would apply the dates to each client without me having to amend them each time and then show me a list of total sales and word counts for each client, not just for each work category?

Many thanks.

Claire
Collapse

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't know if this will help Apr 20, 2013

Hi

I must admit I haven't bothered much with the reports so I don't know how to do what you want, however I have version 10 and this version has a report which I believe is what you want.

If you want me to I can send you the report and you can try and import it into version 9 see if it works.

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:32
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 20, 2013

Hi Alex,

Yes please - it's certainly worth a try! I don't quite know why it's not offering me the opportunity to update my version at the moment, but it did sound from the webinar as though the reports were simpler in the new version.

Many thanks,

Claire

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:32
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Webinar Apr 21, 2013

A few months ago I was struggling to create a custom query and TO3000 support quickly came up with the solution for me. At the time I asked if they gave webinars on custom reports and queries and they said they didn’t but that it was planned for the future.

Which webinar did you watch, Claire? Was it "Focus on Translation, not Admini
... See more
A few months ago I was struggling to create a custom query and TO3000 support quickly came up with the solution for me. At the time I asked if they gave webinars on custom reports and queries and they said they didn’t but that it was planned for the future.

Which webinar did you watch, Claire? Was it "Focus on Translation, not Administration?" http://www.proz.com/videos/free%20webinar%20week%20videos/2174

The webinar touched on reports briefly but I'd really to see a specific one on reports and queries. I think it would be very helpful for a lot of users. Don’t you?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000 - still struggling with reports

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »