I need help and clarification on ErrorSpy and QA Checker - can anyone help?
Thread poster: Apoc
Apoc
Apoc
English to Romanian
Jun 4, 2013

Hello, here's my big dilemma: I had to translate a big project with Studio 2011, so I did. When I Verified the files at the end, the QA Checker should have picked up the inconsistencies, right? Well, the QA Checker didn't even show up. I know it's checked under Verification, so it should be enabled, right? Now the client checked the files with Errorspy, and they found lots of errors. They asked me to check ALL the files with Errorspy and fix them. I don't have Errorspy (even if i found it, could... See more
Hello, here's my big dilemma: I had to translate a big project with Studio 2011, so I did. When I Verified the files at the end, the QA Checker should have picked up the inconsistencies, right? Well, the QA Checker didn't even show up. I know it's checked under Verification, so it should be enabled, right? Now the client checked the files with Errorspy, and they found lots of errors. They asked me to check ALL the files with Errorspy and fix them. I don't have Errorspy (even if i found it, couldn't afford it right now) and if i did, what do i do? Do i have to fix the files through Errorspy, or do i have to do it through Trados? Who knows about these things? I need some clear explanations and help quite urgent, as the deadline is so tight it's insane Thank you!Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 11:50
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
ErrorSpy free trial Jun 4, 2013

According to this website:

http://www.dog-gmbh.de/software-products/errorspy.html?L=1

you can download it for a free 30-day trial, which ought to be enough to let you do this one quick check — and find out if the software is likely to be useful to you in the future.

Apoc
Apoc
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 4, 2013

Thank you for your reply! I will check it out! Do you know if i can correct through ErrorSpy or do I have to go through each file through Trados, as it's quite a huge volume of work?

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I don't know... Jun 4, 2013

But looking at the webpages, it looks as though ErrorSpy is a self-contained application that doesn't need Trados to work — though I do notice it mentions 'source text', which may be worrying!

I know no more about it than you, so I can only suggest you consult the website (and/or tech support) and see what you can find out that way.

Apoc
Apoc
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Again - thanks! Jun 4, 2013

I will look into it - hope I'll still get paid))) just wanted to say thank you again for taking the time to reply, you are very helpful!

[Edited at 2013-06-04 19:41 GMT]

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
For info: file formats supported Jun 4, 2013

I quote from the website I cited above:

"Which file formats are supported?

ErrorSpy reads either Trados unclean files or text files which contain both languages alongside each other sentence by sentence (source sentence and translation separated by any separator you wish).
Similarly you can check Translation Memories (Trados text format or TMX files), Trados TTX files, Transit XV files or XLIFF files"

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help and clarification on ErrorSpy and QA Checker - can anyone help?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »