Is anyone here using "MultiTrans Prism"? (does it actually exist?)
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2015

Is anyone here using "MultiTrans Prism" or "MultiTrans Text"? How much does it cost? If you use it, could you post a few screenshots of what it looks like? There is zero information on their website.

The MultiCorpora website is gone, I think because RR Donnelley bought MultiCorpora or something like that.

All I can find i
... See more
Is anyone here using "MultiTrans Prism" or "MultiTrans Text"? How much does it cost? If you use it, could you post a few screenshots of what it looks like? There is zero information on their website.

The MultiCorpora website is gone, I think because RR Donnelley bought MultiCorpora or something like that.

All I can find is:

http://rrdonnelley.com/languagesolutions/solutions/multitrans.aspx (about: "MultiTrans" ... "Translation Management Solution")
http://rrdonnelley.com/languagesolutions/solutions/multitrans-text.aspx (about: "MultiTrans Text" ... "Advanced Leveraging Translation Memory")

There is 1 review on the Proz software comparison site of a program called "MultiTrans Prism Freelance" @ http://www.proz.com/software-comparison-tool/tool/multitrans_prism_freelance/104 … but I can find no evidence of such a program on their website.

Michael

[Edited at 2015-03-11 18:11 GMT]
Collapse

mikethetexan
mikethetexan
United States
Local time: 06:49
Mutitrans May 31, 2016

My company bought it in 2015 so I confirm it exists. I can't comment on pricing because I'm sure we have a complex corporate rate that doesn't look like anything an individual would pay. Here's my initial opinion:

It's a cloud based TMS system with the TMs (they call them "Textbases") are in the cloud, as well as all the project files.
The project management part is done in a tool called Flow. Flow looks different depending on your role in the system.
You have the choi
... See more
My company bought it in 2015 so I confirm it exists. I can't comment on pricing because I'm sure we have a complex corporate rate that doesn't look like anything an individual would pay. Here's my initial opinion:

It's a cloud based TMS system with the TMs (they call them "Textbases") are in the cloud, as well as all the project files.
The project management part is done in a tool called Flow. Flow looks different depending on your role in the system.
You have the choice between a desktop or a Web editor. The current Web editor requires Internet Explorer. I hope they fix this soon.
Their internal format is XLIFF, similar to what SDL does with the SDLXLIFF idea.
It's too early for me to make conclusions, but the UI looks complex and a bit outdated. Will see how it performs.
The promises of ALTM are interesting. When a match isn't found in the Textbase, it looks like the SW is doing an automatic concordance on a bunch of sub-segments for you. It might even do more, but I don't fully understand it yet.
Haven't worked in the Termbase yet.
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info Mike! May 31, 2016

mikethetexan wrote:

You have the choice between a desktop or a Web editor. The current Web editor requires Internet Explorer. I hope they fix this soon.
Their internal format is XLIFF, similar to what SDL does with the SDLXLIFF idea.
It's too early for me to make conclusions, but the UI looks complex and a bit outdated. Will see how it performs.
The promises of ALTM are interesting. When a match isn't found in the Textbase, it looks like the SW is doing an automatic concordance on a bunch of sub-segments for you. It might even do more, but I don't fully understand it yet.
Haven't worked in the Termbase yet.

I currently do a bit of translating/editing for RR Donnelley, who obviously use the system, so I have experience of the various file formats the system uses/exports from a translator's perspective. I generally get sent a whole boatload of different files (in various formats), such as:

– a termbase extraction, as HTML (called sth like "[Reference] Analysis_termbase_extractions_NLD_ENG.html")
– a termbase log file ("[Reference] Analysis_textbase_extractions_NLD_ENG.log")
– a TM ("[Reference] Analysis_textbase_extractions_NLD_ENG.tmx")
– an analysis file ("[Reference] Analysis_summary_NLD_ENG.html")

They also work with SDL Studio, and regularly send me Studio packages. I have yet to figure out how Studio relates to Multitrans.

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is anyone here using "MultiTrans Prism"? (does it actually exist?)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »