TO3000: Gutschrift/voucher
Thread poster: Britt Laux
Britt Laux
Britt Laux  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:30
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 1, 2016

A customer wants me to void an invoice an send them a "Gutschrift" of the invoice amount, because the internal invoicing policy has changed. But I only see the possibility "void". How can I create a voucher / credit note or whatever it is called?

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Version? Sep 1, 2016

B. D. Laux wrote:
A customer wants me to void an invoice an send them a "Gutschrift" of the invoice amount, because the internal invoicing policy has changed. But I only see the possibility "void". How can I create a voucher / credit note or whatever it is called?

I did it for the first time not long ago after a mistake I made about VAT.
You can generate a credit note in v11 in the Invoices tab of your customer (button). Not sure if v10 has this option.
It cost me a bit of work to find out how to proceed, and I don't exactly remember. Of course, I used the Help for this.
Void then make the credit note? or the other way around? Unlocking jobs in the invoice first? Anyway, I managed to end up with a satisfactory credit note and amended invoice, so it's doable.

Philippe

Britt Laux
Britt Laux  Identity Verified
German to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
9.0 Sep 1, 2016

Thank you for your comment. I still have 9.0. I tried the help function, but couldn't find anything.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000: Gutschrift/voucher

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »