Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Oct 8, 2020

Since quite some time I notice that when Skype is open, it does not allow any other programme to open (maximize). I have first to close (minimize) Skype.
Any ideas on how I can I get rid of this extremely irritating behaviour?
Many thanks in advance!

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 22:38
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Launch Skype in the background? Oct 8, 2020

It is a strange behaviour...
I don't know if this helps:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa34869/how-can-i-customize-the-startup-and-close-options-in-skype-on-desktop

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
Weird Oct 12, 2020

That is a weird behavior, I havent experienced it, did you try tio reinstall it

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both! Oct 22, 2020

I refrained from reinstalling the software which would have been the first idea, because I was worried for my chat history and contacts.
But in the meantime it updated itself and fortunately everything has turned back normal.
I am not happy, anyway, with Skype anymore since it has been taken over by MS. It used to be such a nice piece of software before! Setting possibilities are reduced near to nothing, and what I hate most is the forced update after which from time to time I am ask
... See more
I refrained from reinstalling the software which would have been the first idea, because I was worried for my chat history and contacts.
But in the meantime it updated itself and fortunately everything has turned back normal.
I am not happy, anyway, with Skype anymore since it has been taken over by MS. It used to be such a nice piece of software before! Setting possibilities are reduced near to nothing, and what I hate most is the forced update after which from time to time I am asked to login with my password! I'm afraid also that the chat history has disappeared or at least seems to be very limited.
All in all it isn't anymore what it was before:-(
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 22:38
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Christel, Oct 22, 2020

Christel Zipfel wrote:

I am not happy, anyway, with Skype anymore since it has been taken over by MS. It used to be such a nice piece of software before! Setting possibilities are reduced near to nothing, and what I hate most is the forced update after which from time to time I am asked to login with my password! I'm afraid also that the chat history has disappeared or at least seems to be very limited.
All in all it isn't anymore what it was before:-(

If you think you have lost your conversation history, please try this:
https://superuser.com/questions/977927/how-to-recover-3-year-chat-history-on-skype/977928

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Skype does not allow other programmes to open

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »