Malgorzata Stich - Silva
Malgorzata Stich - Silva  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 03:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2019

Hi all,

I'm interested in doing an online subtitling course and the 2 interesting options I found are GoSub and Subtitling world - would anyone have any experience with any of these? Have you heard any opinions on either of these courses? They are both about 3 months long & offer an online support, GoSub also issue a certificate once course is finished and offer paid internship. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Gosia

Laura Guivel

Rocío Hermosilla
Rocío Hermosilla  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
GoSub Jul 26, 2019

Hello!

I'm interested in taking the Subtitling course with GoSub as well. I sent them an email asking if the paid training is guaranteed and they advised me to take the full course, which covers subtitling and closed captioning, as they have a paid training for CC. If you're only taking the subtitling course, they can introduce you to an agency, but I'm not sure if you will have the paid training option.
I hope that my answer makes sense!

Rocío

Nicolás Toso Fernández
Nicolás Toso Fernández
Spain
Local time: 04:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
GoSub Aug 5, 2020

Hi there!

I'm interested in getting a subtitler's certificate and GoSub appeared as one of the first options. Did you go through with it? If so, what's your opinion, would you recommend it?

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online subtitling courses

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »