Fabien Soulier
Fabien Soulier  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:19
Spanish to French
+ ...
Aug 5, 2020

Good morning everyone!

I created this topic, because I have an issue with the subtitling software Wincaps Q4. Indeed, I have trouble when I want to export my subtitling project into the EBU-STL (standard) format.

Indeed, the software displays the following error message: "Export failed. Format is not supported by the file personality." For your information, I imported a SRT file that I generated with another subtitling software (Subtitle Editor on Linux). Can it influen
... See more
Good morning everyone!

I created this topic, because I have an issue with the subtitling software Wincaps Q4. Indeed, I have trouble when I want to export my subtitling project into the EBU-STL (standard) format.

Indeed, the software displays the following error message: "Export failed. Format is not supported by the file personality." For your information, I imported a SRT file that I generated with another subtitling software (Subtitle Editor on Linux). Can it influence on the issue? Moreover, I also filled the information required on the GSI section, regarding my project (as it is indicated on the user manual).

Did you have the same technical issue with Wincaps? If so, how did you fix it? Because I am trying everything and it doesn't work...

Thank you in advance for your answer!
Collapse

Fanqian Mao
Fanqian Mao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
EBU-STL export failed Jan 9, 2023

You can only export to EBU-Standard when the "personality" is "teletext". You can change it in the "personality" column.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wincaps Q4 : EBU-STL export failed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »