Fernando Herculano
Fernando Herculano  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:44
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 13, 2021

Hi to all,
Can you please tell a software, spot like, to to the subtitling edits? Is Movavi Video Editor Plus good, which do you recommend? Spot is a very expensive programme, and I ask for those you work in subtitling which one do you recommend? Can be a free o not program but not an expensive one.
Thanks in advance.

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Russian to German
Subtitle Edit Feb 13, 2021

Hello,
Subtitle Edit is a very good and comfortable programm.
https://nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/

yinnyann
Josephine Cassar
Yaotl Altan
Mr. Satan (X)

Bruno Dutra
Bruno Dutra
Brazil
Local time: 13:44
Member (2019)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Subtitle Edit Feb 13, 2021

Subtitle Edit

Josephine Cassar
Thayenga
Mr. Satan (X)

Fernando Herculano
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Feb 13, 2021

And also I can change the beginning time, example instead starting on the 00:00:00 to start on 10:00:00, and of course the translation start on the beginning of the video but with that time, because some clients ask for that, so you understand what I ask?
Dmitrij_1980 wrote:

Hello,
Subtitle Edit is a very good and comfortable programm.
https://nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/

Fernando Herculano
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 13, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion and if you could help me on made for the other colleague I would appreciate.
Bruno Dutra wrote:

Subtitle Edit

Fernando Herculano
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Subtitle editor Apr 1, 2021

Do you think is better subtitle editor or subtitle workshop?

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
Another one! Apr 2, 2021

Aegisub is the best subtitle editor if you're mainly dealing with ASS file format (i.e. for anime). The downside is that it's kinda dead and no longer updated. There's one noteworthy spiritual successor of it called Kainote. It seems to be still in its infancy though. You may want to check first if it's stable enough to be used professionally.

Also, since the question has been asked many times, I'll just drop this here so everyone ca
... See more
Aegisub is the best subtitle editor if you're mainly dealing with ASS file format (i.e. for anime). The downside is that it's kinda dead and no longer updated. There's one noteworthy spiritual successor of it called Kainote. It seems to be still in its infancy though. You may want to check first if it's stable enough to be used professionally.

Also, since the question has been asked many times, I'll just drop this here so everyone can make their own judgement:
https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/subtitle?orderby=Rating

[Edited at 2021-04-02 13:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2021-04-03 05:40 GMT]
Collapse

Yaotl Altan

Fernando Herculano
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 2, 2021

Novian Cahyadi wrote:

Aegisub is the best subtitle editor if you're mainly dealing ASS file format (i.e. for anime). The downside is that it's kinda dead and no longer updated. There's one noteworthy spiritual successor of it called Kainote. It seems to be still in its infancy though. You may want to check first if it's stable enough to be used professionally.

Also, since the question has been asked many times, I'll just drop this here so everyone can make their own judgement:
https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/subtitle?orderby=Rating

[Edited at 2021-04-02 13:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling software

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »