Thread poster: jsviolin
jsviolin
jsviolin  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:53
French to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2021

Can anyone provide me a current per minute rate for same-language VTT subtitling? No translation required but subtitles need to be submitted in VTT format. Also I see many paid programs which do this automatically and you only have to correct mistakes—does anyone have any experience with them? It is a big volume of work so it may be worth it to pay for one. Thanks

Ekaterina Verma
Ekaterina Verma  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:53
English to Russian
+ ...
Subtitle conformance Feb 20, 2021

Dear jsviolin,

What we are talking about here, if I understood you right, is a subtitle conforming job, i.e. you have the template, you have the translation, you only need to submit it as per the company's format as the webVTT?

Hence, you might need to look out for incorrect line treatment cases, linguistic aspects (punctuation, stylistic and grammar errors), timing issues (frame gaps, reading speed, etc.). If you could provide more details on the task, it might help.<
... See more
Dear jsviolin,

What we are talking about here, if I understood you right, is a subtitle conforming job, i.e. you have the template, you have the translation, you only need to submit it as per the company's format as the webVTT?

Hence, you might need to look out for incorrect line treatment cases, linguistic aspects (punctuation, stylistic and grammar errors), timing issues (frame gaps, reading speed, etc.). If you could provide more details on the task, it might help.

In this case, there are many things affecting the rate, and the market's rate is highly volatile... I would suggest that you use your hourly rate to calculate how many hours you are going to spend on that task. In general, I might say that subtitle conforming jobs are normally paid at 40/50% rate of the subtitle translation rate. Yet, once again, more details would be helpful.

Regards,
EV
Collapse

Josephine Cassar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

VTT same language subtitling

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »