Unable to load local TM?
Thread poster: JohnWhi
JohnWhi
JohnWhi
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:39
French to English
Jun 30, 2020

The problem is solved but I am just trying to work out exactly what was going on. I have Wordfast Pro 5.15.1 on an iMac and a Macbook Pro, both running recent versions of MacOS Catalina 10.15. Starting to create a new project earlier today on the MBP, on adding my main TM, I was faced with the error message "Unable to load local TM". Opening the last project I did, I had the message: "Errors have occurred while opening the TCLF file(s). (TM Name) TM/MT error: Version 'v1.40' is unsupported. Migr... See more
The problem is solved but I am just trying to work out exactly what was going on. I have Wordfast Pro 5.15.1 on an iMac and a Macbook Pro, both running recent versions of MacOS Catalina 10.15. Starting to create a new project earlier today on the MBP, on adding my main TM, I was faced with the error message "Unable to load local TM". Opening the last project I did, I had the message: "Errors have occurred while opening the TCLF file(s). (TM Name) TM/MT error: Version 'v1.40' is unsupported. Migration should be performed." Looking for inspiration, I moved to the iMac and created the project there. No errors, though I noticed that the TM was updated as I added it. No doubt it was the first project since WFP was updated. My solution was to export as TMX the TM that was working, delete the one on the MBP, import the TMX and create a new TM with the same name at the same location. No problem now in creating a new project or opening the old one. Question 1: Is this simply a matter of the TM becoming corrupt? Question 2: How do you Migrate the TM from within the program? In the past, I have always found that migration/update of the TM happened automatically on update of the program, or the next time it was opened.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to load local TM?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »