Wordfast fault: randomly substituting different translated segments from same document
Thread poster: Samantha Payn
Samantha Payn
Samantha Payn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:38
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 6, 2020

I use WF Pro 5 and have the up to date version on a PC running Windows 10 also up to date.
Yesterday and today I have noticed that the programme is substituting random different (totally unrelated) segments from the document I am working on in the translated field. I recognise the false segments as being from the same document but they are not even remotely related to the source text of that segment. When I correct them (by selecting the right translation from the TM window at the bottom)
... See more
I use WF Pro 5 and have the up to date version on a PC running Windows 10 also up to date.
Yesterday and today I have noticed that the programme is substituting random different (totally unrelated) segments from the document I am working on in the translated field. I recognise the false segments as being from the same document but they are not even remotely related to the source text of that segment. When I correct them (by selecting the right translation from the TM window at the bottom) they are removed and the (same, as far as I can tell) wrong translation is subbed in again once the segment is out of view.
Anyone else having this ghostly and ghastly problem?
Collapse

Samantha Payn
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just me then? Aug 8, 2020

Anyone? Bueller?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:38
Member (2006)
French to English
Auto-propagated segments? Aug 10, 2020

Hello, are these auto-propagated segments? You can turn off auto-propagation in the settings. Otherwise, can you share a screenshot?

Philippe Locquet

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:38
Member (2006)
French to English
Off for summer Aug 10, 2020

Bueller is off for the summer. He'll be skipping school again in September.

Samantha Payn
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not autopropagated segments Aug 10, 2020

I don't believe these are autopropagated segments. This is after I've completed the translation and put the correct target text in. When I review the file I find that Wordfast has subsituted text which, while from the same document, is in no way related to the source text segment.
I first noticed this occurring after I clicked "Commit all", but in fact I later found that if I scrolled down from a corrected segment and then back up to it the same wrong text had been subbed in.
... See more
I don't believe these are autopropagated segments. This is after I've completed the translation and put the correct target text in. When I review the file I find that Wordfast has subsituted text which, while from the same document, is in no way related to the source text segment.
I first noticed this occurring after I clicked "Commit all", but in fact I later found that if I scrolled down from a corrected segment and then back up to it the same wrong text had been subbed in. I know this sounds like I'm making it up, but I'm not.
I am sorry I cannot share screenshots as the text is confidential.
(I should add I've been a happy Wordfast user for around 12 years now).

[Edited at 2020-08-10 19:13 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast fault: randomly substituting different translated segments from same document

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »