XTM - some questions to frequent users...
Thread poster: Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 11, 2018

Dear All,

after maybe 5 years I encounter myself having to using XTM which now is 'cloud'. Unfortunately, I have accepted what it seems to be a long-term project without paying attention to what tool was required and here I go...
I have so many questions and could find so little or poor answers browsing documentation, so if anyone could help me out I truly appreciate since I am starting to run behind the schedule for first batch.

- I have accidentally clicked on
... See more
Dear All,

after maybe 5 years I encounter myself having to using XTM which now is 'cloud'. Unfortunately, I have accepted what it seems to be a long-term project without paying attention to what tool was required and here I go...
I have so many questions and could find so little or poor answers browsing documentation, so if anyone could help me out I truly appreciate since I am starting to run behind the schedule for first batch.

- I have accidentally clicked on some of the LQA 'x' buttons (the ones in red, grey, green) just underneath a segment, and apparently I cannot simply undo by clicking again, it actually adds a new issue.. How do I delete those non wanted LQA marks???

- I am in the role of Editor, therefore the visualization of Fuzzy match that appears just right below the segment, confuses me and annoys me, it take too match space, it is displayed in the same font size. Is there anyway of changing the font size, appearance and/or simply hiding it? screenshot:

screenshot

- If I want to simply read my work after finishing, jumping from one segment to the next, is there a way to do that? This question relates to the above one, I get the fuzzy displayed (sometimes 4 slightly different suggestions) and since segments have a different status, I can't figure out how just keep going down the file

-After I finish my review, is there a way to markup all segments as 'reviewed' status and then proceed with my reading of the file?

Thank you very much in advance!

Soraya Hoepfner
Collapse

Natasa Ikodinovic
Natasa Ikodinovic
Serbia
Local time: 19:00
Member (2014)
English to Serbian
+ ...
LQA delete in XTM editor Mar 13, 2018

Hi Soraya,

I attached a screenshot for you to see how to delete your marked LQA.
LQA remove
If you flag over an error type, two signes – plus and minus – will appear so you can choose quantity for that error type, ie. zero if you want to delete it.
When deleted, it doesn't affect translator's evaluation.
I myself also asked for PM help while working on my first reviewing job in XTM and clicking thousand times on coloured buttons

As for matches displaying: I believe it is posible to change it's settings in Configuration > Settings. As I do not have an open project now, I can not try myself. I normally work with these 3 matches default settings as my XTM project are usually in form of short strings.

For reading a clean version, it might be useful for you to download the target text in PDF (or original) format. There are several possibilities and it can be done, as I recall, from Tasks menu/File manager – three horizontal lines icon.

XTM LQA and Navigation Mar 13, 2018

Dear Soraya and Natasa,

Many thanks Natasa for your very comprehensive explanation. I would just like to add a few small things:

• You can always look at the list of shortcuts in XTM by clicking on the 'spanner' icon on the left hand side toolbar in the editor and then selecting the 'Shortcuts' tab. You can set your own shortcuts by clicking in the field and then entering the shortcut from the keyboard.

• You can always look at the list of shortcuts in XTM by clicking on the 'spanner' icon on the left hand side toolbar in the editor and then selecting the 'Shortcuts' tab. You can set your own shortcuts by clicking in the field and then entering the shortcut from the keyboard.
    • A very good resource for getting help and finding out more in XTM is to click on the '?' icon below the 'spanner' settings icon.
    • All operations in XTM are in real time and XTM will display all matches below the current segment so that you can choose an appropriate match if one exists. If you are working in a team on a project then XTM will automatically add to the TM all translations as they are entered per segment by each team member.

Best Regards,

AZ ▲ Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

XTM - some questions to frequent users...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »