https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/274915-can_i_create_a_studio_project_tm_based_on_fuzzy_matches.html

Can I create a Studio project TM based on fuzzy matches?
Thread poster: Burckhardt
Burckhardt
Burckhardt
Local time: 03:49
English to German
Sep 18, 2014

We have a number of very large TMs. When we receive a new project and run the analysis we typically get good leveraging results.

When creating translation packages we can either include the main TM or a project TM. Often, neither option helps, because
- the main TM may be very large, and
- the project TM only includes full matches.

My question: Is there a way to create a (project-) TM that includes all matches down to a certain fuzzy level, say 70%, as a sub
... See more
We have a number of very large TMs. When we receive a new project and run the analysis we typically get good leveraging results.

When creating translation packages we can either include the main TM or a project TM. Often, neither option helps, because
- the main TM may be very large, and
- the project TM only includes full matches.

My question: Is there a way to create a (project-) TM that includes all matches down to a certain fuzzy level, say 70%, as a subset of the main TM. That way the translator would see all applicable matches for segments in their package without needing to download the main TM over and over.

We have developed a very time-consuming internal process that accomplished this, but I am hoping that someone out there has a better idea.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I create a Studio project TM based on fuzzy matches?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »