United States
Local time: 23:02
Member (2002)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2020

Hi fellow Translators,

We all bound with NDA, right?
Problem is, many new clients are asking about our List of Experience, even Work Samples.
For example, there is a potential bid on Engineering, and the new client is asking what brands and the samples that I have done before.

In my understanding, Work Samples are directly breaching the NDA.
How about List of Experience? We can only inform the fields only but not the brands, right?

How
... See more
Hi fellow Translators,

Problem is, many new clients are asking about our List of Experience, even Work Samples.
For example, there is a potential bid on Engineering, and the new client is asking what brands and the samples that I have done before.

How about List of Experience? We can only inform the fields only but not the brands, right?

How you handle this kind of issue?
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:02
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Speaking of experience.... Aug 6, 2020

---in my experience there's never any reply from those people. It isn't worth all the effort sending them all this information, examples of work, signing NDAs etc., if they never give you any work. I have I don't know how many NDAs I have filed away in my archive that I signed and then nothing happened.

[Edited at 2020-08-06 17:10 GMT]

Yolanda Broad
Serhan Elmacıoğlu

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
How you handle this kind of issue? Aug 6, 2020

I delete the email.

Tom in London
Platary (X)

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 00:02
Dutch to English
+ ...
Work samples Aug 6, 2020

Anthony Indra wrote:

Hi fellow Translators,

How you handle this kind of issue?

I agree that work samples could be a breach of the NDA. You could only refer a potential client to translations that have been published, or websites you have translated for example (check if they have not been changed in the meantime). Your list of experience, without names or other identifying information, should be posted in the Bio section of your profile. You should also have a resume with this information that you can send to potential clients.

But, if you are talking about applying for jobs offered on proz.com, don't bother to go to great lengths to provide all kinds of information. Chances are, you will never hear from them unless you have rock-bottom rates.

Yolanda Broad
Eva Stoppa
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Marwa Seleem

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NDA vs List of Experience

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »