Which school should I go to in japan if I want to be an interepreter/translator
Thread poster: alysha_123
alysha_123
alysha_123
United States
Jan 21, 2014

I'm going to move to Japan soon (maybe in a couple months) and I'm trying to look for translating schools to go to for when I move there but I don't want to be wasting my time by taking classes or going to schools I don't need to be taking.
So Im asking you guys, what school should I go to? I want to go somewhere where I can just study Japanese and maybe get some kind of license of some sort for translating (or foreign language? not sure what they call it)
Is it really better to go t
... See more
I'm going to move to Japan soon (maybe in a couple months) and I'm trying to look for translating schools to go to for when I move there but I don't want to be wasting my time by taking classes or going to schools I don't need to be taking.
So Im asking you guys, what school should I go to? I want to go somewhere where I can just study Japanese and maybe get some kind of license of some sort for translating (or foreign language? not sure what they call it)
Is it really better to go to college and get a degree? or is getting a license better? Because I feel like I would learn much more by going to a school that teaches just Japanese...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which school should I go to in japan if I want to be an interepreter/translator

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »