Interpreting at a wedding (rates)
Thread poster: MillaSol
MillaSol
MillaSol
United States
English to Portuguese
Aug 4, 2015

Hello Folks!

I'm posting here to ask you for some advice regarding an unusual interpretation job I'll have in September. I used to teach Portuguese to this couple because they have a son who will marry a Brazilian woman. Then I've done some translations for them (letters to Brazil, party invitations). Now, they are inviting me to attend the wedding and interpret (Eng-Pt/ Pt-Eng) for them and some of their family members, plus help with their speech.

My question will be
... See more
Hello Folks!

I'm posting here to ask you for some advice regarding an unusual interpretation job I'll have in September. I used to teach Portuguese to this couple because they have a son who will marry a Brazilian woman. Then I've done some translations for them (letters to Brazil, party invitations). Now, they are inviting me to attend the wedding and interpret (Eng-Pt/ Pt-Eng) for them and some of their family members, plus help with their speech.

My question will be regarding my rates and travel expenses (I live at the suburbs and I'll take the train to the city). I guess the best thing is charging per hour... Please share your thoughts.

Thank you,
Milla
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting at a wedding (rates)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »