What does a red cross in a red circle next to someone's name mean?
Iniziatore argomento: Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 18:16
Membro (2002)
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
Feb 8, 2008

I was looking through the list of Kudoz questions and, next to one asker's name in the list, there was a red cross in a red circle each time. This is new to me. What is the significance of this?

Astrid

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Local time: 02:16
Membro (2006)
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
Incomplete profile? Feb 8, 2008

Hi Astrid,

Just a guess but I noticed a red cross in a circle next to my name today and when I went into my profile and added my rates - apparently the last outstanding section - the red cross changed to a green tick. So I m guessing it's: complete vs. incomplete profile. But maybe someone else can enlighten us and confirm.

awilliams
awilliams
Regno Unito
Local time: 17:16
Da Italiano a Inglese
+ ...
"blacklisted"? Feb 8, 2008

I think it means the user/member is on your "ignore" list (the opposite of your "flag up" list). AFAIK you can choose to view questions from "ignored" members/users in the KudoZ list. Have you added names to "My lists"? I added a non-user/non-logged-in visitor once to my "out list" and now every non-logged-in visitor comes up with a cross by their name in KudoZ.

Just an idea, though - my terminology may be wrong and it could be something completely different!

Have a goo
... See more
I think it means the user/member is on your "ignore" list (the opposite of your "flag up" list). AFAIK you can choose to view questions from "ignored" members/users in the KudoZ list. Have you added names to "My lists"? I added a non-user/non-logged-in visitor once to my "out list" and now every non-logged-in visitor comes up with a cross by their name in KudoZ.

Just an idea, though - my terminology may be wrong and it could be something completely different!

Have a good weekend all,
Amy

EDIT: In the KudoZ Dashboard I see I have "Non-ProZ.com" listed with other names under "Colleagues to Filter".

[Edited at 2008-02-08 17:49]
Collapse

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Local time: 02:16
Membro (2006)
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
oops Feb 8, 2008

Amy Williams wrote:

I think it means the user/member is on your "ignore" list (the opposite of your "flag up" list). AFAIK you can choose to view questions from "ignored" members/users in the KudoZ list.

[Edited at 2008-02-08 17:35]

Oops, then I was looking at a different red cross, please ignore my reply Astrid.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:16
Membro (2006)
Da Inglese a Spagnolo
Incomplete profile marker is visible only to the profile owner Feb 8, 2008

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A. wrote:

Just a guess but I noticed a red cross in a circle next to my name today and when I went into my profile and added my rates - apparently the last outstanding section - the red cross changed to a green tick. So I m guessing it's: complete vs. incomplete profile. But maybe someone else can enlighten us and confirm.

Hi Nicole,

The "incomplete profile" marker should be visible only to the profile owner. On the other hand the green "tick" indicator of a complete profile is displayed in the profile and can be shown to visitors.

Regards,
Enrique

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 18:16
Membro (2002)
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Yes, the person was being filtered Feb 8, 2008

Thanks, Amy! I discovered I have a very short list of names that I am filtering, that I created a long time ago and have meanwhile forgotten about. I have never seen the symbol before since the list is very short.

And thanks for having a go at answering, Nicole!

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does a red cross in a red circle next to someone's name mean?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »