Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnien und Herzegowina
Local time: 22:24
Mitglied (2009)
Englisch > Kroatisch
+ ...
Actually.. Oct 5, 2010

I've encountered all of the British accents he's imitating when I worked for the British Military, and all the international ones when I worked for UN. He did it amazingly well, very talented. Of course, there's always room for improvement, that's not disputable.

I particularly enjoyed the Chinese and Nigerian. We had a Ghanaian guy at our UN office who sounded exactly like him! But probably there are variations between Ghanaian and Nigerian.

Just awesome. I've replayed
... See more
I've encountered all of the British accents he's imitating when I worked for the British Military, and all the international ones when I worked for UN. He did it amazingly well, very talented. Of course, there's always room for improvement, that's not disputable.

I particularly enjoyed the Chinese and Nigerian. We had a Ghanaian guy at our UN office who sounded exactly like him! But probably there are variations between Ghanaian and Nigerian.

Just awesome. I've replayed the video several times. It's amazing what a great command of his articulatory channel he has.

The kid probably grew up in London listening to all of these accents on public transport, or different people talking on the phone in a wide variety of accents. Ha ha.

As for the Guy Richie, remember the Snatch, he did that one too - chav's English!

[Edited at 2010-10-06 10:27 GMT]
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
Vereinigtes Königreich
Local time: 21:24
Mitglied (2004)
Englisch > Italienisch
Italian accent... Oct 5, 2010

wasn't that great... but still quite passable...

I have a transcript if anyone is interested Nov 17, 2012

For the text/transcript for the video so you can study please check out:
http://119eng.com/category/video/53/lesson/757

Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatoren dieses Forums
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FUN: The English Language In 24 Accents

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »