Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Deutschland
Local time: 18:25
Mitglied (2003)
Polnisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Sep 23, 2003

My daughter (16) is spending a school year in England. She is living in Hove now. For a half term holiday (last week of October) she wants to go to London with some of her new friends. They all are exchange students.
As we made bad experience with a "fresh renewed 3 stars hotel" last year, I would like to get some tips for her.
Any ideas are gladly welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance
Jerzy

Mueen Issa
Mueen Issa  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:25
Englisch > Arabisch
+ ...
go to Sep 24, 2003

http://www.proz.com/?sp=exchange&viewPage=view_requests&outer_page=travel

Lucy Phillips
Lucy Phillips  Identity Verified
Vereinigtes Königreich
Local time: 17:25
Spanisch > Englisch
+ ...
Use a Youth Hostel Sep 24, 2003

Jerzy

The only reasonably priced, good quality accommodation I know of in London is at youth hostels. As she's with friends they can probably find a two or three bedded room so don't imagine that youth hostels these days are all grim dormitories!

I know a couple of people (much older than your daughter) who have stayed at Youth Hostels in London - and enjoyed it - because it was the only way they could afford to stay in central London. If she's only going for a week or
... See more
Jerzy

The only reasonably priced, good quality accommodation I know of in London is at youth hostels. As she's with friends they can probably find a two or three bedded room so don't imagine that youth hostels these days are all grim dormitories!

I know a couple of people (much older than your daughter) who have stayed at Youth Hostels in London - and enjoyed it - because it was the only way they could afford to stay in central London. If she's only going for a week or so there's absolutely no point in staying outside the centre.

YHA have hostels in St Pancras and Oxford Street:

http://www.yha.org.uk/website-yhauk/sctn_rgnl/london.html

Not all hostels in UK have YHA affiliation - it doesn't mean they're bad but get a good report on one (via the internet or travel guide etc) before choosing it.

Hope she has fun!
Collapse

luka
luka
Spanien
Englisch > Spanisch
+ ...
Travel Inn or Travel Lodge Sep 24, 2003

These are chains of hotels with good prices for London, without many 'bells and whistles' but confortable and clean. I usually go there because of their prices and the family rooms. They can be booked from Internet.

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italienisch > Deutsch
ooaaaayy emm see ay doodle doo… ;o) Sep 24, 2003

I stayed at the YMCA in Tottenham Court Road ages ago - maybe they moved in the meantime…

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Polen
Armenisch > Polnisch
+ ...
LONDON SUMMER SCHOOL 2003 in ASTOR College...:) Sep 30, 2003

Jerzy! I've been there long time ago...and still remember the place with very warm feelings...:)
It's a quiet place and just in the middle of everything: The British Museum, British telecom tower, Channel 4 (vis-a-vis my windows...;)
Astor College
99 Charlotte Street
London W1P 1LD
Telephone 011-44-20 7381 4537
FAX 011-44-20 7383 0843

Nearest tubes are:
Goodge Street, Warren Street, Euston
... See more
Jerzy! I've been there long time ago...and still remember the place with very warm feelings...:)
It's a quiet place and just in the middle of everything: The British Museum, British telecom tower, Channel 4 (vis-a-vis my windows...;)
Astor College
99 Charlotte Street
London W1P 1LD
Telephone 011-44-20 7381 4537
FAX 011-44-20 7383 0843

Nearest tubes are:
Goodge Street, Warren Street, Euston Square.

Gp to:

http://www.nv.cc.va.us/home/jebraden/London%20SummerSchool/DaybyDayPrograminLondon/Londondaybyday.htm
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatoren dieses Forums
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for an accomodation in London

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »