Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you drafted a standard set of terms and conditions to use with your clients?
Initiator des Themas: ProZ.com Staff
Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Lettland
Local time: 12:28
Deutsch > Englisch
+ ...
Same here May 29, 2015

Jenny Forbes wrote:

I have a brief set of terms and conditions which are included on every invoice I issue.

Included are terms of payment, late payment interest, deadline for filing a written complaint.

island-vlad
island-vlad  Identity Verified
Englisch > Russisch
+ ...
Yes, and it works Jun 1, 2015

A great place to allocate your T&C (eg., in the form of FAQ) is your personal website page where you can address your visitors. An anonymous client, for example, is usually not eligible person to discuss projects, so I patiently inform that I have to see their company name, address, website, hold position of the person who contacts me, etc.
Second, I inform about assessment principles of their source materials because my rate depends mostly on this quality level and depends less on Trados
... See more
A great place to allocate your T&C (eg., in the form of FAQ) is your personal website page where you can address your visitors. An anonymous client, for example, is usually not eligible person to discuss projects, so I patiently inform that I have to see their company name, address, website, hold position of the person who contacts me, etc.
Second, I inform about assessment principles of their source materials because my rate depends mostly on this quality level and depends less on Trados Report. Why? I like good writers. The good writers are always able to correctly compress their thoughts to be easily understandable. A project written by a good writer is usually translated with ease, so my rate for such a project is not too high.
In the third place, I inform that I don't discuss project important details with a client's Secretary, HR Manager, etc. I am ready to discuss all important details with a person responsible for payments only. What are the important details? They are my T&C. And so on...
If your visitor sees all of that before contacting you, you get rid of many inconveniences which can rise later on. Of course, all of that is not too important in case of small projects. But in case of big projects it's another pair of shoes
Collapse

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Polen
Local time: 11:28
Englisch > Polnisch
+ ...
Yes Jun 9, 2015

Yes. Clients never make a fuss, though I never ask them directly to confirm (my e-mail sign mentions that placing an order means accepting the T&Cs). Agencies always want their own contracts, which are increasingly unworkable — rather, their drafters are getting bonkers of late.

Vom Thema belegte Seiten:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatoren dieses Forums
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you drafted a standard set of terms and conditions to use with your clients?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »