Susana González Tuya
Susana González Tuya
Spanien
Local time: 15:31
Mitglied (2010)
Englisch > Spanisch
+ ...
Aug 21, 2009

I am starting an MA Bilingual Translation at the University of Westminster on October but I am not sure which optional modules to take. If it was up to me I will take them all but that's not posible so I was wondering if any of you who had study there could give me your advise.

Initially I was thinking of choosing Subtitling and CAT

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-08-21 16:24 GMT]

earlyesther
earlyesther
Local time: 20:31
Bahasa Indonesia > Englisch
+ ...
I would like to take MA in Translation and Interpreting there too next year! Aug 21, 2009

Hi SGT,

It's really nice to know you. I plan to take a course in University of Westminster too next year. Probably MA Translation and Interpreting because English is not my mother tongue therefore the options are limited I suppose.

If me, I will choose translation with the help of translation software, or even Google Translate. I have an interesting case regarding google translate and if it meets the requirement, I want to use it as my thesis. =)

However,
... See more
Hi SGT,

It's really nice to know you. I plan to take a course in University of Westminster too next year. Probably MA Translation and Interpreting because English is not my mother tongue therefore the options are limited I suppose.

If me, I will choose translation with the help of translation software, or even Google Translate. I have an interesting case regarding google translate and if it meets the requirement, I want to use it as my thesis. =)

However, once again it's really nice to know you! Let's meet in the university!

Regards,
Esther
Collapse

Marzena Adamik
Marzena Adamik
Vereinigtes Königreich
Local time: 14:31
Englisch > Polnisch
graduate Sep 17, 2009

All the modules there are really interesting and worth taking, I suggest editing and translation theory. Editing is really helpful in future career and translation theory is helpful in your thesis or project at the end.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatoren dieses Forums
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on MA, Bilingual Translation at University of Westminster

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »