IoL DipTrans, waiting for diploma (12 months!)
Автор темы: Aurélie DANIEL
Aurélie DANIEL
Aurélie DANIEL  Identity Verified
Испания
Local time: 09:16
английский => французский
+ ...
Jan 8, 2007

Hi,

I sat the DipTrans exam last January in Barcelona (ENG>FRE combination). In May I called the language school where I sat the exam, and was pleasantly surprised when they told me I had passed. They also told me that the certificate would be sent to me in the next few months.

I let summer go by, then I sent an e-mail to the IoL. In their reply, then explained that they had been "required to redesign the certificates to include various changes both internal and extern
... See more
Hi,

I sat the DipTrans exam last January in Barcelona (ENG>FRE combination). In May I called the language school where I sat the exam, and was pleasantly surprised when they told me I had passed. They also told me that the certificate would be sent to me in the next few months.

I let summer go by, then I sent an e-mail to the IoL. In their reply, then explained that they had been "required to redesign the certificates to include various changes both internal and external", and that they were waiting for external approval. They added that they "hoped" that the certificates would be approved and released to candidates in October.

Well, we are now in January and I did not receive anything. I sent another e-mail in late November and yet another one last week, but received no answer whatsoever.

I am not sure what to do. I'll call them shortly and keep you posted on the feedback I get, but I'd like to know if anyone has more information.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Collapse

Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
Великобритания
Local time: 08:16
немецкий => английский
One thing you can't expect from IoL is efficiency. Jan 9, 2007

In my experience they live in a dreamworld all of their own. Keep sending emails, faxes and making phone calls. You should eventually get through to someone who can answer your question.

Gillian

PS. Check this page for phone number:
http://www.iol.org.uk/qualifications/examsmain.asp

[Edited at 2007-01-09 04:56]

Anjo Sterringa
Anjo Sterringa  Identity Verified
Нидерланды
английский => голландский
+ ...
Certificates are issued Jan 9, 2007

I received the information directly from the IOL; they sent the results in May and the actual certificate arrived somewhere in December if I remember correctly.

Are you sure they have your address? They also reply to e-mails.

Good luck!
Anjo

Aurélie DANIEL
Испания
+ ...
Автор темы
Administrative limbo Feb 14, 2007

Hi again,

For those interested, I'll give here the details of my quest (this certificate is as hard to get as the Holy Grail!).

The examination center wasn't sure if the certificates had been sent to them or directly to the candidates. That doesn't look too professional, does it?

I spoke with two different persons from the IoL. I checked with them to make sure that they have my address and all my details. One of them told me that the certificate had been
... See more
Hi again,

For those interested, I'll give here the details of my quest (this certificate is as hard to get as the Holy Grail!).

The examination center wasn't sure if the certificates had been sent to them or directly to the candidates. That doesn't look too professional, does it?

I spoke with two different persons from the IoL. I checked with them to make sure that they have my address and all my details. One of them told me that the certificate had been sent directly to the examination center, and the other one that it had been sent directly to me. They were going to check if my certificate had been returned as undeliverable, but it's been a month now and I sent two other e-mails asking for an update. No reply. Well, that doesn't look too professional either. I spent more than 600 euros on this diploma, and more than a year later I still have nothing!!!

I once worked as an admin myself, so I do know about inertia in big administrative systems but really, how hard can it be to print a piece of paper and to mail it?

I'll keep calling and e-mailing, there is not much more I can do, unfortunately.

Cheers!
Collapse

Aurélie DANIEL
Испания
+ ...
Автор темы
The end Feb 27, 2007

They finally printed a new copy of the certificate and mailed it to me. I am really happy to actually see and touch this piece of paper, I was beginning to think all this was a huge mistake, that in fact I never passed the exam...

So all's well that ends well, but I'll never know what happened.

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 03:16
Член ProZ.com c 2000
греческий (новогреческий) => английский
+ ...
Finally!!! Feb 27, 2007

Congratulations, Aurélie. It's a good thing you insisted! And thank you for letting us know! I was curious to see how things would turn out.
And now I suggest you frame that valuable piece of paper. You certainly fought hard for it!

Maria

Ines Cas (X)
Ines Cas (X)

10 months Mar 1, 2007

Hi Aurelie,
You are not the only one, I had to wait 10 months for my membership certificate!
I had to call them many times and send them lots of emails.
I was a bit worried thinking they wouldn’t actually send it to me, but they did!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IoL DipTrans, waiting for diploma (12 months!)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »