Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 21:41
angielski > hiszpański
Feb 21, 2007

March 17, 2007 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Immigration Terminology Conference - 2007
No cost for admission.
Location: Miami Dade College, Inter-American Campus, 627 S.W. 27th Ave., Miami, FL
Room 3103

Presenters: Pedro A. Miranda, Immigration Judge
Héctor A. Suco, Supervisory Interpreter

The presentation will consist of the perspective from the Immigration Judge and the role of the interpreter in the courtroom. The legal definition and transla
... See more
March 17, 2007 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Immigration Terminology Conference - 2007
No cost for admission.
Location: Miami Dade College, Inter-American Campus, 627 S.W. 27th Ave., Miami, FL
Room 3103

Presenters: Pedro A. Miranda, Immigration Judge
Héctor A. Suco, Supervisory Interpreter

The presentation will consist of the perspective from the Immigration Judge and the role of the interpreter in the courtroom. The legal definition and translation into Spanish of the terms most commonly used in Immigration Court proceedings and the terms that appear on applications filed by aliens seeking immigration relief and benefits in the United States will also be discussed.
The event is not formally sponsored by the Immigration Court. The views expressed by the presenters will be their own, and do not reflect those of the Department of Justice nor the Immigration Court.

[Edited at 2007-02-22 01:06]
Collapse

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 18:41
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
In Memoriam
thank you for sharing that... Feb 22, 2007

Luisa,
Thanks for letting us know about this. Too far for me to go (and a little off the topic of what I do), but I'd love to be able to get any handouts that are distributed. Do you think that would be possible? I suppose I could track down the presenters and ask, but is there any phone number for an office that is organizing this?
Thanks again!
Patricia

Luisa Ramos, CT
USA
angielski > hiszpański
NOWY TEMAT
I will get them Feb 22, 2007

I can scan whatever they distribute and email it to you after the conference. Just make sure you remind me by sending me an email through Proz. My memory was green and then the cows ate it!

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 18:41
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
In Memoriam
LOL Feb 22, 2007

Thanks so much for offering to scan things!!

My memory went to cows long ago, too! (Actually, the other morning, I was working away with my back to the window, when I heard the oddest tapping noise; I turned around and there was a heifer eating my rose bushes (every time she took a bite, her horns hit the wall)! Good thing she couldn't get inside or half of my brain would have been gone before I knew what had happened!).

I will put this on my black board so that I reme
... See more
Thanks so much for offering to scan things!!

My memory went to cows long ago, too! (Actually, the other morning, I was working away with my back to the window, when I heard the oddest tapping noise; I turned around and there was a heifer eating my rose bushes (every time she took a bite, her horns hit the wall)! Good thing she couldn't get inside or half of my brain would have been gone before I knew what had happened!).

I will put this on my black board so that I remember. Thanks so much for offering to scan things!! I hope you have a enjoyable morning at the presentation...

Again, Luisa, thanks!
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
USA
angielski > hiszpański
NOWY TEMAT
Good start Feb 22, 2007

What a good way to start my day. You made me laugh so hard it hurts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Immigration Terminology Conference 2007 - Miami

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »