Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:49
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Feb 2, 2019

Directory
[Search: Specialty: Rechts- und Patentwesen, From: Englisch, To: Serbisch]

I don't translate from English, let alone know a single word of Serbian...

How could I possibly translate a patent or legalese text? I wonder how this can happen.

Mirko Mainardi

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
A possible reason Feb 5, 2019

Christel Zipfel wrote:

Directory
[Search: Specialty: Rechts- und Patentwesen, From: Englisch, To: Serbisch]

I don't translate from English, let alone know a single word of Serbian...

How could I possibly translate a patent or legalese text? I wonder how this can happen.

Hi Christel,

This issue happened to me as well. If the visitor was logged in (Freelancer, Outsourcer, etc.) then a possible answer could be that she/he made more searches after each other and saved the first one and your visitors' tab shows his/her first and SAVED search in your visitors' tab (it could be a totally different language pair than yours) . I sent a support ticket about this issue about a year ago, but as far as I remember I didn't receive a straight answer.

But there are sooooo many anomalies on profiles:

I had 3 or 4 visitors in my visitors' tab, where no country/no city nothing was written only the code.

After this CV issue: https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/332018-cvs_on_profiles_404_not_found.html
if someone opens my CV documents, the hit numbers don't move up (it stays at 0), furthermore if someone opens the documents, they are not shown in my visitors' tab in the Viewed section. Meanwhile if I log out and I open my CV documents, the visitor's tab showed my CV visit, but the hit counter didn't move up.
etc...

[Edited at 2019-02-05 11:45 GMT]

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Katalin! Feb 12, 2019

This could be a possible explanation for this issue.

However, as already has been written in another thread, forums like this one are perfectly useless if nobody of the staff once in a while takes the time to read them, taking also care of a solution, if necessary. I think we don't need nor want to discuss similar issues merely among ourselves. On the other hand, I may safely assert and we all know that support tickets can be often quite unsatisfactory. So what are we supposed to do
... See more
This could be a possible explanation for this issue.

However, as already has been written in another thread, forums like this one are perfectly useless if nobody of the staff once in a while takes the time to read them, taking also care of a solution, if necessary. I think we don't need nor want to discuss similar issues merely among ourselves. On the other hand, I may safely assert and we all know that support tickets can be often quite unsatisfactory. So what are we supposed to do in order to get an answer to our questions?
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Mirko Mainardi
Josephine Cassar

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
- Feb 12, 2019

-

[Edited at 2019-02-12 18:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Erratic reference in my profile's "came from" tab

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »