TRADOS does not recognize my XLIFF file
Initiator des Themas: Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)  Identity Verified
Spanien
Local time: 12:08
Spanisch > Englisch
+ ...
Aug 31, 2015

I have been translating a large job on my TRADOS and I have just closed it for the day, when I try to re-open it, I receive the message "This file type is not admitted". How can I re-open the file? I need to finish the translation and the deadline is tomorrow morning. I look forward to receiving help from you.

Regards,

Nigel

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkei
Local time: 13:08
Deutsch > Türkisch
+ ...
Maybe you can use the xliff file Aug 31, 2015

to prepare a new project just to bypass the problem. I don't know much but sometimes programs get confused and it may be a file path problem. You already have the updated TM guess, so at least you will be able to pretranslate a lot of the segments.

I hope you will catch the deadline.

Nigel Greenwood (X)
Nigel Greenwood (X)  Identity Verified
Spanien
Local time: 12:08
Spanisch > Englisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
Many thanks Sep 1, 2015

Hi Elif,

Many thanks for your assistance, I was really worried. Everything went fine and I made the deadline.

Thank you

Nigel.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkei
Local time: 13:08
Deutsch > Türkisch
+ ...
You are welcome :) Sep 1, 2015

Nigel Greenwood wrote:

Hi Elif,

Many thanks for your assistance, I was really worried. Everything went fine and I made the deadline.

Thank you

Nigel.

I am happy to hear that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS does not recognize my XLIFF file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »