Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:58
English to Slovak
+ ...
Sep 10, 2008

Hi all,

I'm unable to attach one particular pdf. file to e-mail in Thunderbird. When I try to attach it, the name of the file as atachement is displayed but pdf. icon is not shown. Trying to send the e-mail, I get a message: "Sending message failed. Unable to open temporary file c:/Users/Rad/Desktop/CITB TEST - slovenčina.pdf. Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings."
Does anybody have any idea what I need to do? I have no problem to attach the same file using my Yahoo! e-m
... See more
Hi all,

I'm unable to attach one particular pdf. file to e-mail in Thunderbird. When I try to attach it, the name of the file as atachement is displayed but pdf. icon is not shown. Trying to send the e-mail, I get a message: "Sending message failed. Unable to open temporary file c:/Users/Rad/Desktop/CITB TEST - slovenčina.pdf. Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings."
Does anybody have any idea what I need to do? I have no problem to attach the same file using my Yahoo! e-mail or any problems to attach other pdf. files in Thunderbird.
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 17:58
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Rename the file Sep 10, 2008

so it will not contain diacritical characters. Has worked for me in like situations.

Uldis

Rad Graban wrote:
Unable to open temporary file c:/Users/Rad/Desktop/CITB TEST - slovenčina.pdf. Check your 'Temporary Directory' settings."

Rad Graban (X)
Rad Graban (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:58
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks million! Sep 10, 2008

Blimey, that was easy! Worked like charm! Many thanks Uldis!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to attach file in Thunderbird

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »