Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:50
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2009

Hi all!

I'm considering buying ProjeteX. If you have used this tool in small agency management, I'd like to hear your comments. Which functionality you like, which do you miss or find buggy. Also, I'm very interested in whether it succeeds in integrating all the management functions, file handling, e-mailing etc, since I'm currently suffering from silo effect.

I greatly appreciate your help!
-jr

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:50
German to English
+ ...
Haven't got far Aug 31, 2009

I too had a strong interest in testing the product about a year ago. At the time the installation didn't get past the database setup, because there was a problem with the script versions, and although I got a helpful suggestion from tech support at AIT, I never found the time to implement it. So I remain in desperate need of an affordable networkable solution that I can configure as I like, and I don't know if Projetex will do what I want.

I've also invested a lot of time in Project
... See more
I too had a strong interest in testing the product about a year ago. At the time the installation didn't get past the database setup, because there was a problem with the script versions, and although I got a helpful suggestion from tech support at AIT, I never found the time to implement it. So I remain in desperate need of an affordable networkable solution that I can configure as I like, and I don't know if Projetex will do what I want.

I've also invested a lot of time in Project ]open[ Translation, but the problem there is the lack of documentation. It's basically bait for consulting hours as far as I can tell. To me, open source software should include *useful* documentation, and most of PO's documentation is simply not useful.
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:50
Member (2006)
French to English
It's great PM software Aug 31, 2009

this software is excellent. I don't have experience with other software but I can assure you it works well and handles all functions from CRM to project management, quoting, invoicing and scheduling. Tech support is fast and friendly.

Doesn't really integrate e-mail storage but you can send e-mails from it (click on e-mail address and opens Outlook message for example).

I really like that you can customize it very easily for country specific needs.

Good luc
... See more
this software is excellent. I don't have experience with other software but I can assure you it works well and handles all functions from CRM to project management, quoting, invoicing and scheduling. Tech support is fast and friendly.

Doesn't really integrate e-mail storage but you can send e-mails from it (click on e-mail address and opens Outlook message for example).

I really like that you can customize it very easily for country specific needs.

Good luck,

John Di Rico
Collapse

Jussi Rosti
Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:50
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, both! Sep 3, 2009

I'm maybe a bit stupid, but I bought the software in spite of Kevin's comment.

Now I'm in the same situation - I cannot migrate from TO3000. Submitted an urgent support ticket...

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:50
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I never tried to migrate from Translation Office Sep 16, 2009

Even though I know that there is a separate tool for that. When it comes to Projetex alone I have been using it for more than 2 years now and I am very happy with it, even if I don't need currently all the option it provides.

I can definitely recommend it - however for an average freelancer Translation Office may provide better value for money.

Best Regards
Stanislaw

PS: I agree with Kevin - support is very helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please share your ProjeteX experience

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »