Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 09:45
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Sep 22, 2010

Hello,

After discovering this sofware thanks to a client, I would like to use it to avoid incoherence, mistakes at the end of my translation project.

I tried to use it but it doesn't work!!I use it for Russian into French translation. I am not sure to use it in a good way. It is my first steps...When I downloaded it should have been document but I couldn't find it or did they me by document "help tool"?

If somebody can tell/help me to start with this Apsic
... See more
Hello,

After discovering this sofware thanks to a client, I would like to use it to avoid incoherence, mistakes at the end of my translation project.

I tried to use it but it doesn't work!!I use it for Russian into French translation. I am not sure to use it in a good way. It is my first steps...When I downloaded it should have been document but I couldn't find it or did they me by document "help tool"?

If somebody can tell/help me to start with this Apsic : I would like to check *.itd (SDLX) files (bilingual) and compare the translations because some translated strings are different for only one original string.

Thank you very much in advance.
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:45
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
QA in ApSIC Xbench Sep 22, 2010

Sandrine,

Very quickly:

• Create a new project (Project - New).
  • Add your .itd files to the project. Don't worry about the Glossary Properties dialog box, just click OK. Click OK to close the Project Properties dialog box. The .itd files will be loaded.
  • Go to the QA tab. Make sure "Inconsistency in Target" is selected in the List of Checks and click Check Ongoing Translat... See more
Sandrine,

Very quickly:

• Create a new project (Project - New).
  • Add your .itd files to the project. Don't worry about the Glossary Properties dialog box, just click OK. Click OK to close the Project Properties dialog box. The .itd files will be loaded.
  • Go to the QA tab. Make sure "Inconsistency in Target" is selected in the List of Checks and click Check Ongoing Translation.
  • Xbench will display a list of errors. To edit a segment in SDLX, highlight the segment and press Ctrl+Alt+Enter (or right click and select Edit Source).

If this doesn't help, please read the excellent help (Help - Contents).

ApSIC Xbench is a powerful tool, but it could be confusing for beginners.

Hynek
Collapse

Sandrine Zérouali
Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
apSIC doesn't recognize cyrillic alphabet (russian) Sep 23, 2010

Hello Hynek,

Thank you for your answer. It helped me a lot but now I have another problem, the software does not recognize russian letters. I have question tag instead of.

Does anybody know if ApSIC recognize non latin letters?

Katarzyna Klamra
Katarzyna Klamra
Poland
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Change regional options Sep 28, 2010

Hi Sandrine,
to check Russian files without having Russian Windows, you should change your Regional and Language Options to Russian (in Windows XP: Start>Control Panel> Regional and Language Options > in two tabs "Regional options" (1st one) and Advanced" (3rd one) change the settings to Russian and then restart your computer.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Russian language module for ApSIC Xbench Oct 18, 2010

Sandrine,

It's probably too late, but I have found a Russian language module for ApSIC Xbench:
http://bit.ly/cvbb53

Does it help?

Sandrine Zérouali
Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Katarzyna and Hynek Oct 26, 2010

Thanks to your 1st step, Hynek, I could manage to see something appeared but following the Katarzyna's instructions, I still can't see Russian letter but ????????? so it means that ApSic doesn't recognize cyrillic letters. Does anybody have a solution?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sandrine

Sandrine Zérouali
Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution from Apsic company Oct 26, 2010

Hello again,

I wrote to Apsic company and they proposed to me 2 solutions :

1. (Katarzyna solution) The current version of ApSIC Xbench is not Unicode-enabled so you cannot see Russian or Japanese characters unless you change the Locale for Non-Unicode programs in the Control Panel to such languages (to simulate that you have a Chinese or Russian Operating System). This approach requires an approach and is the recommended one by Mcirosoft for non-Unicode programs.
... See more
Hello again,

I wrote to Apsic company and they proposed to me 2 solutions :

1. (Katarzyna solution) The current version of ApSIC Xbench is not Unicode-enabled so you cannot see Russian or Japanese characters unless you change the Locale for Non-Unicode programs in the Control Panel to such languages (to simulate that you have a Chinese or Russian Operating System). This approach requires an approach and is the recommended one by Mcirosoft for non-Unicode programs.

2. If you use Windows XP, one more convenient approach is to use the free download Microsoft AppLocale, that is a an application launcher that allows you to specify a locale different from the one in your system for the application launched. So you would use Applocale to lauch ApSIC Xbench with a Chinese or Russian locale. This is more convenient because it does not require a reboot.

I did the 1st one but it doesn't work.
I downloaded the Applocale software and now it works.

Thank you again.
Have a nice day.
Collapse

Semyon Anisimov
Semyon Anisimov
Local time: 11:45
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Russian Module Nov 7, 2012

Here is the correct link

http://goo.gl/MeAAl

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:45
Spanish
+ ...
What's the difference between XBench and QA Checker 3.0? Nov 7, 2012

Since we're in the topic, allow me this question. I know that SDLX's QA Tool and Studio's QA Checker + Terminology Checker 3.0 are fairly similar. So I wonder if there are any advantages on XBench compared to Studio's QA tool?

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
How to use Apsic XBench fpr SDLX file Jan 29, 2013

Hi,

ApSIC has released the new version of Xbench, which is Unicode. It fixes this issue. You can find more information on their blog.

http://www.apsic.com/blog/?p=25

Regards,

Òscar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use Apsic XBench fpr SDLX file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »