Photoshop Elements 9 for download?
Thread poster: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 06:10
Swedish to English
Feb 28, 2013

I have a valid licence for Photoshop Elements 9, purchased in 2010. However, a few months ago I had to reinstall Windows on my computer. When I wanated to reinstall Elements I realized I no longer had the downloaded installation files from Adobe, they were probably lost during the Windows reinstallation.

Apparently, the Adobe website do not offer the possibility to download older software versions. Photoshop Elements is now on version 11 and the Adobe recommendation seems to be to b
... See more
I have a valid licence for Photoshop Elements 9, purchased in 2010. However, a few months ago I had to reinstall Windows on my computer. When I wanated to reinstall Elements I realized I no longer had the downloaded installation files from Adobe, they were probably lost during the Windows reinstallation.

Apparently, the Adobe website do not offer the possibility to download older software versions. Photoshop Elements is now on version 11 and the Adobe recommendation seems to be to buy a licence upgrade. I don't want to do that since I was quite happy with version 9.

Does anyone know if it's possible to download Photoshop Elements 9 somewhere else? As mentioned, I have paid for the product and I'm absolutely not interested in fake licences or anything like that. I'm just looking for the installation files to use with my valid licence.

Thanks!
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
ftp.adobe.com – the unknown source Feb 28, 2013

Profdoc wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to download Photoshop Elements 9 somewhere else?

Why roam so far afield? ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/

Profdoc
Profdoc
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Almost but not quite... Mar 1, 2013

Thanks for the tip! One problem though:
The address below only contains patches for Elements 9, not the actual program itself:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshopelements/win/9.x/

Am I missing something here, is Elements 9 available somewhere else on the ftp?

(Just to make sure, I tried running the Patcher.exe file and got a warni
... See more
Thanks for the tip! One problem though:
The address below only contains patches for Elements 9, not the actual program itself:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshopelements/win/9.x/

(Just to make sure, I tried running the Patcher.exe file and got a warning message informing me - quite accurately - that Photoshop Elements is not installed on my computer.)

Thanks again for your help!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
I would recommend Mar 1, 2013

calling to Adobe - their support is very helpful.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
I'm sorry Mar 1, 2013

Profdoc wrote:

Oh, sorry, I hadn't tested that specific download.

But generally it is advisable to look into the /pub(lic) folder of such ftp servers.

Profdoc
Profdoc
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Found it! Mar 4, 2013

After having (yet another) look at Adobe's support pages I managed to locate the following address where Elements 9 is available for download:

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-9-premiere-elements-9-direct-download-links.html

Make sure to read the instructions. The download was pretty slow but it worked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Photoshop Elements 9 for download?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »