Initiator des Themas: paolamonaco
paolamonaco
paolamonaco  Identity Verified
Italien
Local time: 12:04
Englisch > Italienisch
+ ...
Jun 18, 2006

I apologize if this issue has already been addressed.

I've been asked to enter translated texts into a website Content Management System.
Therefore, I'm looking for a word to html converter (possibly freeware) to insert the following tags in my texts:

br /br
em /em
b /b
sup /sup

(of course I need the < > but I didn't write them because they would not show up here...
See more
I apologize if this issue has already been addressed.

I've been asked to enter translated texts into a website Content Management System.
Therefore, I'm looking for a word to html converter (possibly freeware) to insert the following tags in my texts:

br /br
em /em
b /b
sup /sup

(of course I need the < > but I didn't write them because they would not show up here)

I've been using word2html-pro for a while, but converted documents contain many unnecessary lines/tags (such as "p"). I need to insert only the aforementioned tags, nothing more.

Is there any better software?

Thanks in advance
Paola

[Edited at 2006-06-18 20:42]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Niederlande
Local time: 18:04
Mitglied (2006)
Englisch > Afrikaans
+ ...
Try Arachnophilia Jun 18, 2006

Paola Monaco wrote:
Therefore, I'm looking for a word to html converter (possibly freeware) to insert the following tags in my texts...

Arachnophilia 3.9 converts from RTF to HTML quite cleanly, depending on the complexity of the document. See here:
http://www.leuce.com/tempfile/RTF2HTML.zip

The latest version of Arachnophilia is a Java application, and I don't know how well it handles RTF, but the earlier version (also known as version 4.0) is still available.

Caveat: not all features in MS Word work well in RTF.

paolamonaco
paolamonaco  Identity Verified
Italien
Local time: 12:04
Englisch > Italienisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
GREAT!! Jun 19, 2006

Hi Samuel,

I've just tried Arachnophilia 4.0: it works great!

That's simply wonderful.
It will save a lot of time.

Thank you very much.
Paola

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word to html converter : please suggest

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »