Studio 2009 and Windows 64 bit
Initiator des Themas: nruddy
nruddy
nruddy  Identity Verified
Mexiko
Local time: 05:10
Deutsch > Englisch
Nov 25, 2009

I'm looking into getting a new laptop, on which I will probably install Studio 2009. I also want to put Windows 7 on it. What do I need to watch out for? Will it run on a 64 bit machine or does it have to be 32 bit?
[By the way, I'm not getting a Macbook!]

Any tips appreciated!

----
I just saw this useful threa
... See more
I'm looking into getting a new laptop, on which I will probably install Studio 2009. I also want to put Windows 7 on it. What do I need to watch out for? Will it run on a 64 bit machine or does it have to be 32 bit?
[By the way, I'm not getting a Macbook!]

Any tips appreciated!

----
I just saw this useful thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/windows_operating_systems/149558-help_me_decide:_windows_7_home_premium_32_or_64_bits.html

[Edited at 2009-11-25 22:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-25 22:19 GMT]
Collapse

Richard Hall
Richard Hall  Identity Verified
Vereinigte Staaten
Local time: 07:10
Italienisch > Englisch
+ ...
Go ahead, but.... Nov 25, 2009

I installed Windows 7, 64 bit, a few days ago and so far have absolutely no problems with studio 2009. The one thing that I can think of is to ensure that any other software you use for translations such as dictionaries will run. I found that I had to install most of my dictionaries on virtual xp in order to continue using them. Since virtual xp can only be downloaded for Windows 7 professional and premium, you might want to make sure that you are installing one of those versions of 7.
... See more
I installed Windows 7, 64 bit, a few days ago and so far have absolutely no problems with studio 2009. The one thing that I can think of is to ensure that any other software you use for translations such as dictionaries will run. I found that I had to install most of my dictionaries on virtual xp in order to continue using them. Since virtual xp can only be downloaded for Windows 7 professional and premium, you might want to make sure that you are installing one of those versions of 7.

I have an Intel Core2Quad CPU Q94000 2.66GHz with 8GB of RAM.
Collapse

nruddy
nruddy  Identity Verified
Mexiko
Local time: 05:10
Deutsch > Englisch
THEMENSTARTER
Thanks! Nov 26, 2009

Thanks, Richard. Glad to hear that you're not having problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 and Windows 64 bit

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »