Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
Island
Local time: 08:38
Mitglied (2011)
Englisch > Französisch
+ ...
Nov 30, 2016

In WF Pro 3.4.9, the spellcheck doesn't seem to work. This started a while ago, and I don't remember anything that could have "triggered" it ...

• Enable spell checking: checked
  • Enable check as you type: checked
  • Microsoft Office Spellcheck: checked

Spelling errors don't show when I type, nor do they show when I click on a segme
... See more
In WF Pro 3.4.9, the spellcheck doesn't seem to work. This started a while ago, and I don't remember anything that could have "triggered" it ...

• Enable spell checking: checked
  • Enable check as you type: checked
  • Microsoft Office Spellcheck: checked

Spelling errors don't show when I type, nor do they show when I click on a segment that's already been saved.

Also, both pressing F7 and clicking on Edit/Spell check gives the result: "There are no more spelling errors"

Does anyone know what's going on?
Collapse

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
Vereinigtes Königreich
Local time: 09:38
Mitglied (2014)
Schwedisch > Englisch
+ ...
Which version of Microsoft Office? Dec 1, 2016

I had a similar experience with the Swedish spellcheck in my Microsoft Word 2010, and spent ages trying to find a solution via Microsoft.

It turned out Microsoft had discontinued the foreign language support in the latest update of 2010 and there was no way of getting it back again.

I had to upgrade to Office 365 (=2016) and download the now available language pack for Swedish.

Samuel Keating
Samuel Keating  Identity Verified
Island
Local time: 08:38
Mitglied (2011)
Englisch > Französisch
+ ...
THEMENSTARTER
Not sure that's the same issue Dec 1, 2016

I have an English version of MS Word 2010, and it's the English spell check that's not working.

The spell check works within MS Word itself -- just not in WF.

Patrick Wahl
Patrick Wahl  Identity Verified
Brasilien
Local time: 05:38
Portugiesisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Same here Dec 3, 2016

Hunspell Spellchecker doesn't work either in WFP 3.4.9 anymore

It is unticked by default and when I enable Spellchecking I get a scary Message: "Java something .... doesn't work"

Yesterday I had 5 Kernel Panics on my Mac. No idea what's going on....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft Office Spellcheck doesn't work

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »